Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Called RCBS today.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    They have always come through for me. I never worry when I call them that I'll have a problem. They are a great organisation.

I've been using RCBS equipment for over 40 years now. To the best of my memory, there have been less than 3-4 times I have ever called upon them for assistance. They've always came through flawlessly for me.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Buddy
    I own RCBS, I will buy RCBS tomorrow, if I do not care about the warranty,,
    An example would be if someone offered me a nice Rock Chucker for $60, I would buy it,

I would attempt to get warranty repair, if an RCBS broke,, but,, THIS is their written warranty:

Basically, it says ONLY the original purchaser gets a warranty, and only with A Dated Proof Of Purchase,,

LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTYReloading Press, Die, Manual Case Trimmer or Bullet MouldYour reloading press, reloading die, manual case trimmer or bullet mould is warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for as long as the original owner owns it. This warranty is extended only to the original consumer purchaser. This warranty excludes any electrical components or products. All RCBS products are intended for non-commercial use by hobbyists. Any other use of these products will void the warranty. Should you believe that your reloading press, die, manual case trimmer or bullet mould is defective in material or workmanship, you must return the reloading press, reloading die, manual case trimmer or bullet mould to Ammunition Accessories Inc. through its Oroville operation (hereinafter "Oroville Operations") postage paid for evaluation. If defective, the product will be repaired or replaced at Oroville Operations' option, at no charge.Send a dated proof of purchase to Oroville Operations along with the product information and reason for return to:Ammunition Accessories Inc., Oroville Operations
    605 Oro Dam Blvd
    Oroville, California 95965Warranty services cannot be provided without meeting the above requirements.TO ENSURE ACCURACY OF YOUR WARRANTY INFORMATION, SEND YOUR WARRANTY CARD TO:
    Ammunition Accessories Inc., Oroville Operations
    605 Oro Dam Blvd
    Oroville, California 95965THIS LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER DEFECTS OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM: CARELESSNESS, MISUSE, COMMERCIAL USE, ABUSE, IMPROPER INSTALLATION, MODIFICATION, OR NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR. THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY. OROVILLE OPERATIONS IS NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL OROVILLE OPERATIONS BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. HOWEVER, SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.The above warranty provides the sole and exclusive warranty available to the customer in the event of a defect in material or workmanship in the reloading press, reloading die, manual case trimmer or bullet mould. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from State to State.S

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by SweetMk View Post
    THIS is their written warranty:

Basically, it says ONLY the original purchaser gets a warranty, and only with A Dated Proof Of Purchase,,
    ...and that may be as true as the sky is blue and the sun will rise tomorrow. How they act is something else entirely.

When I purchased a shooter's estate and found a cracked 357 Mag sizing die, I contacted RCBS, told them, and they STILL replaced it for FREE.

When I purchased another member's 4X4 Press, that is over a third of a century old but new to me, that was missing a few integral pieces from the rotating plate that holds the cases and exhibited a couple of worn out nylon bushings, I called them, told them what I had, how I got it, and they STILL sent the missing and replacement parts FREE.

I say, if you break it, gall it, squash it, beat it with a hammer, or just plain wear it out, RCBS stands behind their products 100% (limited with electronics) with a NO QUESTIONS ASKED policy of replacements shipped to you at NO CHARGE.

Most WILL NOT take advantage of such a supplier, and it is nice to know that they are there when you are in a pinch. There is no "Black Market", after market, or counter fit in the RCBS world of reloading equipment.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

I purchased a used RCBS bench mount priming tool on an auction site that was missing critical parts. I called RCBS to buy the parts, and told the nice lady I'd just bought it used on the auction site, but she insisted that she wasn't going to let me pay for it. The funny part was when I told her what machine I was looking for parts for, she rattled off the parts off the top of her head in a matter of seconds. She knew her business, and a couple of days later I had the machine up and running, at no charge for the parts.

I had also owned an RCBS Rockchucker press for more years than I can remember (I started reloading in 1963), and it froze up. I tried everything to get it freed, but to no avail. The top knuckles had frozen, but the ram was free and clear. I had lubricated all the moving parts on a regular basis, but evidently I was using a lubricant that wouldn't migrate into the pivot point. When I called RCBS on that issue, they asked that I return the press for inspection, which I did. About a week later, a brand new Rockchucker showed up at my door, again free of charge.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master

I bought a .44 special and had .44 mag dies(RCBS) that I used for years,
    but found out I could not crimp the specials with the .44 seating and crimp
    die. I called RCBS and talked to a man that told me I had an old .44 mag
    die set and they would not work for the special. He offered to sell me a
    44 seater for $28 + shipping. I told him to forget it, and ground the bottom
    off the die, and it works fine. Can't rave about there great service.
    leadhead

Boolit Master
    They are not as free with parts as they used to be. They replaced the valve pin on my old Pro Melt for free but charged me for the replacement pot. They would do nothing for my old Rock Chucker so I made it into Garden Art.

My first experience 15 years ago was the best. I had built up a list of parts I needed to save on postage including a small measuring drum for my UniFlow powder measure. I figured $50 plus shipping for all the parts. Had the credit card ready and the fellow said Free/Warranty. Blew me away!

I still have that small drum. The fire destroyed the powder measure and most everything else but I was able to remove the drum, clean it up and put it in a new UniFlow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RockChuc01.jpg  
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Buddy
    The only part I've ever broke on my several RCBS equipment is de priming pins on dies. I've been using RCBS since 1973!!!

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Mal Paso. What happened to your Rock Chucker ?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    Mal Paso. What happened to your Rock Chucker ?
    Arson set wildfire.

I saw a couple Dillons on the Dillon Factory Tour that I later identified as burned. They had been returned for a free replacement. They looked like they had been underwater for 10 years. The globs that could be sea life are metals, glass and ash fused to the press. I was on the phone with RCBS getting Pro Melt parts so I asked about the Rock Chucker and they said no so the Dillon Warranty is better. They cover house fires. Or at least they did, Mike Dillon was still around then.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    i don't know what all RCBS has made in china. but i do know there is a lot more than electronic stuff. look at the lables in stores. on the note about cost of redding stuff. what do you think that the margin of profit is for rcbs equipment / china vs. redding / USA. and what the rcbs reps. said at the shot show. what do you think that they would tell you; we make more money with china products.. sorry guys i guess i'm just a lot more BUY AMERICAN PRODUCTS than most.

Boolit Master

My (few) support experiences with RCBS have all first class. That’s why pretty much everything in my shop that isn’t blue is green.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

RCBS sent me parts for the 10-10 beam scale, even though I told them I had bought it used. The same thing happened on a couple of other items also. Great customer service.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Boolit Grand Master

RCBS, Redding and now Lee are all great on customer service, Lee has really stepped up the last couple years!
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Buddy
    Porthos buying made in the USA is great, best place for you to start is getting rid
    of made in China products!
    Try cell phone, computer, TV's, many parts off of your car/truck, and about
    90 percent of your house, including the nails in the house if it is a newer build!

I own an RCBS JR3 press from many years ago, and still use it, along with a number of RCBS die sets, and have always been happy with the quality.

However, when it came time to buy a better press and a powder measure, I bought a Redding Big Boss 2 and a Redding Competition powder measure, and never regretted it for a second. They are better tools and they are worth the extra cost.
    Similarly, I buy Redding dies now by preference.

I'm certainly not affluent by any stretch of the imagination. It's just that the extra cost just doesn't make that much difference when you consider how much you spend on everything else in your life.

Boolit Master
    Mostly used but Redding is heavy duty sound equipment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12