Load DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USPS Tracking

Boolit Master

I just received via USPS a package in a plastic bag that contained the shredded order. Only a week late. Lucky it was a fairly rugged special tool that the workers apparently didn't want. Interesting that USPS destroys enough packages that they have special printed plastic bags to ship them on.

ADMIN

I have dropped packages off at my local station and they would not show arrival scans for a couple days.
    I dropped a $1500 Master Caster Panel off in the inside drop box.
    It didn't show ANY scans for 2 weeks then it popped up at the distribution center nearest my customer and was delivered the next day.

Here in my subdivision a bunch (5 or 6) residents complained that last night they had packages that said delivered but were no where to be found. They showed up this morning.
    It is crazy.
    I dropped off a panel this morning and just placed it on the counter with the other packages as there was a line out the door to wait on someone.
    I am wondering when it will be scanned.
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

I mailed two SFRBs to two different members of CB in late August. Tracking only states that they are still in transit. After a few weeks, I refunded their money. I have filed the online complaint and talked to the postmaster ar the PO I shipped from. NADA. Im sure that the intended recipients will let me know if the AR parts show up, but none of us three count on that happening. This is the only issue I've ever had with the USPS, and every package I've sent or recieved since has been drama free. I may have to just deduct it from the next April 15th check that I send them....

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Jäger View Post
    I'm in a battle right now with a guy who was suppose to have shipped me some cast boolits two weeks ago but the USPS tracking continues to state "awaiting item". He says he shipped 'em but even when I went to the PO yesterday to ship something else, they checked on it for me and again, awaiting item, only a pre-shipment label came up.

Last month I ordered a caliber conversion kit from Dillon and it got mixed in with a delivery to a hair salon a few miles away. You can imagine my surprise when I got a tracking email stating "Delivered" and yet no package. I called the PO and they were confused, they didn't know where it went. It took rest of the afternoon for them to sort it out and get it to me.
    I had a package a while back that I had shipped to a customer. Same issue, I started questioning myself if I had lost it on the way to PO. Nope, just took it an extra week to get to the purchaser.
    BTW, it isn't always just USPS, I've found more and more that ups and fedex have issues with updating tracking issues.

Boolit Master

Ebay posted warnings about USPS delays. They are even promoting UPS and Fedex with discounts.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master
    I gave up on both USPS and UPS tracking. Only when I figure they should be here will I check it. And even then they are usually wrong. Frank

I’m waiting on my first MOLD! USPS said it had been delivered and even offered a proof statement. Got home nothing. Ring doorbell, no pictures! Logged in that night and now it hasn’t left Missouri! Wow!

Banned
    USPS is a colossal system and it's easy to forget that your package/letter is only one item out of millions every day.
    I have noticed a downturn in the efficiency of USPS and there could be several factors involved. The over-reaction to COVID certainly didn't help matters. Internet sales are up, which means volume of packages are up. And while most operations are automated, there are still humans involved and those humans are forced to cope with masks, distancing and screening and countless new regulations (none of which is helpful in terms of productivity).

I have noticed that when my packages are routed through a particular USPS distribution center - they are always delayed. I don't want to call anyone out but the initials for that city are RICHMOND, VIRGINIA.

Boolit Master
    Have you noticed USPS now charges for advanced tracking?

Internet sales bailed out the post office. Remember when they were going to end Saturday deliveries? Now they deliver on Sundays, Amazon orders anyway.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12