WidenersReloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: has anyone else quit

Boolit Master

has anyone else quit

today is just one of those days. its cold and raining outside and I'm on second cup of Joe and the fires got the house warm.
    I quit smoking some time ago. but today I'm just jonesing for some baccer. I know if I go to store and even get a bag of beechnut or a block of chaw it will lead to a pack or bag of tobacco--nope just don't want to go back there.

Super Moderator

I've quit 3 times in the course my life, and am currently quit right now. I really enjoyed smoking (I liked the little cigars), and yeah it's real easy to get re-hooked. I don't think those occasional joneses will ever go away, at least for me they don't. The good thing is that those jonesing thoughts pass pretty quickly.

Boolit Master

I vape now. But smoke a pack too in a month.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

I quit chew 4 times last time 8 years ago, never smoked. I use Altoids mints when it gets bad. I know one little pinch and I'll be a 2 cans of Cope a week junkie again. Don't give in!
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    Easiest way to quit is to never start...
    Better that way.

I quit July 4th of this year, it’s a tough battle for me, daily! I have been using the nicotine pouches, the brand I buy is called Zyn. They have helped me immensely.

Boolit Master
    Yah as I am typing I’m quitting, again, for about the 10,000 time! I’ve quit for more than a year! Something pops up, some party I was at, when I was younger, next thing you know, I have one, and it started all over again!
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Banned

about the 5 time in the last 6 months. I get over the tough part and then someone comes over and lights one up and i cant help myself. then i buy a pack saying ill only smoke two a day that will last till the next day then its half a pack a day for a couple days then im right back to a pack. Smoked my last two this morning and am going to CLAIM i quit but i dont know if im quitting or just blowing smoke.

Banned

It's been 13 years since I stopped smoking and once in awhile I still crave a cigarette!

Boolit Master
    I had a friend in collage that was hooked on cigs,booze,cocain. He got off all of it to this day but he said tobacco as the hardest to kick. Tobacco killed my dad an my brother don't start up again please.

Boolit Master
    Me and my wife quit smoking about 30 years ago, we no longer want to smoke but are now dealing with the damage to our lungs.

If someone is smoking in my house there hair better be on fire.

Boolit Master
    It's been 14 years for me. Straight Pall Malls. If you can resist, it does get better.

I found it easier to put off having that next cigarette, then when you get there put it off again. It's easier than quitting. You're just not going to smoke right now.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Grand Master

I quit chewing last year after 55 years. I was down to a can a day so cold turkey it was, sucked!
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master
    Yep... never goes away... though looking at the taxes put on em' I'm not sure i could afford it anymore, it would definitely get into my reloading budget.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I still smoke a pipe. I don't inhale, so I suppose it will kill me some other way.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

I quit years ago, about a year after I got out of the army. I was smoking a lot of Camels and then I started jogging and quickly came to the conclusion that smoking and jogging didn't mix. I just decided to stop cold.
    I wish you luck and the best kicking the smoking.
    atr
    Death to every foe and traitor and hurrah, my boys, for freedom !

Moderator Emeritus

Quit smoking 37 years ago and will still get the occasional urge. For some reason a nice smelling pipe tobacco gets to me. I know it would probably taste like crap, but they do smell good. Hang in there and just quit. Going part way does not work. Good luck.
    Last edited by MrWolf; 11-30-2020 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Auto hate it

Boolit Buddy
    Get some Nicorette gum. If you have ever had a loved one die from emphysema/COPD or Lung Cancer. A horrible death. Tobacco has probably killed more people than anything in modern history ..

I quit smoking in 2007. It wasn’t hard because I took up chewing tobacco again. I quit chewing tobacco in 2012. That was tough because I had been chewing since 1970. It sounds stupid, but the way I got over it was to teach myself that the craving was the “new nicotine”. If I go to Mexico on vacation, I will enjoy a few Cuban cigars while there- and leave them behind when I return. I’ll crave some Copenhagen or Levi Garret about once every couple of years, but I know that I’d get dizzy and turn pale green if I give in- just like when I was a kid and tried Dad’s Red Man the first time. I don’t miss Marlboros or Drum at all.

Boolit Master

yes....harder than hell.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast