MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackbox
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: Is there a chart of top punch profiles? I need one for a .361 RN.

Boolit Man

Is there a chart of top punch profiles? I need one for a .361 RN.

I recently bought a custom mold from LG outdoors made by Lee: LH 363 146. I need a top punch for a Lyman L/S. I assume a TP for a .358 RN would work. I think the Lyman 311 might be what I need from searching Midway. Is there a profile chart that shows the numbers and the shapes? I have contacted LG Outdoors assuming they would know but got nowhere. They said contact to Lyman. I checked on Lee's site and they also were no help.

Boolit Master

most just custom make their own, do a search on making custom top punches in the search bar up top and to the right.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Agarbers View Post
    I recently bought a custom mold from LG outdoors made by Lee: LH 363 146. I need a top punch for a Lyman L/S. I assume a TP for a .358 RN would work. I think the Lyman 311 might be what I need from searching Midway. Is there a profile chart that shows the numbers and the shapes? I have contacted LG Outdoors assuming they would know but got nowhere. They said contact to Lyman. I checked on Lee's site and they also were no help.

See if these will provide the answer you are looking for:

Lee to Lyman and RCBS Top Punches: http://www.castpics.net/subsite/TopPunches/Lee.html

Lyman Top Punch Reference: http://www.castpics.net/subsite/TopPunches/Lyman.html

RCBS Top Punch Reference: http://www.castpics.net/subsite/TopPunches/rcbs.html

NOE usually has a top punch listed beside each mold. They also have a variety of FLAT Top Punches for other Manufacturer Molds: https://noebulletmolds.com/site/prod...at-top-punchs/
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master

The Lyman #430 might work for that application./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Grand Master

If you find one that is close ... but not quite correct , custom fit the punch to the boolit with a small ball of epoxy putty ... putty doesn't run into places like epoxy glue will .
    After custom fitting the punch will be an exact and perfect fit .

Even when the chart says number XYZ is a match for a Lee mould... don't bet the farm on it ...
    My experiences have shown ...Close At Best .
    Flat nosed boolits usually match better but Lee doesn't make top punches and the other mould makers who do make top punches , don't care if they fit Lee designs ... so get out the epoxy putty!
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"