WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataReloading EverythingRepackboxLee Precision
Titan Reloading

Thread: There are some mighty fine folks here.

Boolit Master

There are some mighty fine folks here.

I posted a thread here lamenting that I couldn't find new .40 S&W cases online or locally, and had to buy 1000 range pick-up cases from an outfit in Iowa.

A gentleman on this forum messaged me and said he had a bunch of scrounged .40 S&W brass from area ranges and would never use it and didn't want to bother with selling it and seeing it re-sold for mark up.

Plus, he also had a bunch of .270 Win and 6.5 Creedmoor brass, along with some .44 Mag brass that I could have if I wanted it. Well, my dad and brother both shoot the other cartridges, so I could make sure it was going to be put to good use.

A week later, a large, heavy box arrived from Texas. Inside, were 4 large hand sewn bags made from military cloth. Inside each bag were sorted cases. Most were cleaned.

Turns out, the gentleman used to be a parachute rigger in the military and thought it would be fun to sew up some bags using military cot material.

I was just amazed!

I won't name the forum member since he probably would be embarrassed by the attention, but I couldn't resist at least letting people know that there are some amazingly generous folks on this forum. All he wanted in return for his generosity and effort was a signed copy of my book. I am humbled and my heart is full by his example. I will be loading up some rifle rounds for my dad and brother, who can't find ammo for their rifles anymore locally, in a feeble attempt to "pay it forward".

Hopefully will have time tomorrow to get a copy of my book in the mail to this fine gentleman, and hopefully he will flip through the pages and find some token payment for his generosity.

Attachment 272342
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Great place to hang out, isn't it!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by trails4u View Post
    Could not agree more.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Buddy
    Nice, yes lots of great folk here...........
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Boolit Master

If only I could convince more of you guys of the virtues of polymer pistols, it would be great...
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    If only I could convince more of you guys of the virtues of polymer pistols, it would be great...
    Well......spent some time in KY 'hunting' a week or so ago, and spent some time shooting some of those new-fangled plastic things. Hhhmmm…. According to 6" steel at 20yds, might be something to it. :P
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master

Well......spent some time in KY 'hunting' a week or so ago, and spent some time shooting some of those new-fangled plastic things. Hhhmmm…. According to 6" steel at 20yds, might be something to it. :P
    Attachment 272343

Attachment 272345

Way cool.
    Looks like even the post office couldn't bust open and scatter everything in those!

I remember that cloth from when I was in.
    Seemed like every storage bag, weather shield, and equipment cover in the hanger was made out of it.
    I learned early on that whatever stray thread was hanging loose- leave it, or burn it off with a lighter.
    It'd cut into your finger before it broke.
    Last edited by Winger Ed.; 11-30-2020 at 03:37 AM.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Mighty nice of him. I've had nice things similarly happen here. I am always on the lookout for a need I can fill in return. Shame that there are so many that money is the driving force in this world.

I am in and out here several times a day. Cast Boolits was recommended to me a couple of members of another Firearms Forum. I come in here to read new posts every day Some times I will see the Generosity of members here and the respect others treat other members with. Some Day I might find something offered for sale or trade that I could use. I mostly come in because I can always see the way people interact and help each other whether it be with advice, Humor or a PIF.

Moderator Emeritus

Bunch of good folk here.

Boolit Master
    I would love to have a poster of Darth and the cookies to post on my front door!! Never mind. Found it.
    Last edited by quilbilly; 11-30-2020 at 03:07 PM.

It’s great to see first hand, or second in this case that we are surrounded by great people!

Boolit Master

Have not been disappointed by a member of this forum with whom I have dealt. Highly opinionated for the most part, but the most honest, generous and charitable group you will find. Call it responsible. Big Boomer

Advice, tips, parts, knowledge, and prayers given out daily here in quantity. I’m glad to be here amongst you folks.

Boolit Master

Was able to get my book in the mail today to the fine gentleman from Texas. Expected December 7th. Pearl Harbor Day. I told he Postmaster about why I was sending the book and he said he remembered leaving that heavy package in my PO box last week. He said there are some good folks down in Texas, and I couldn't help but agree.

Boolit Master
    I have a similar experience recently. Several members stepped up with thoughtful advice that was well appreciated and some direct assistance.

Then out of the blue, one member dropped a huge advancement to my cause. I could not believe his contribution.

If and when it’s alright to mention the members name I will write more about it.

VIVA cast Boolits!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

There's still room left in Texas for y'all if you wanna check us out.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.