Titan ReloadingLoad DataRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uberti .45 acp

Uberti .45 acp

Usually I avoid fancied up handguns like cleaning the cat box. I was in a gunshop ogling the single actions and was just smitten. I found an Uberti .45 acp cylinder and a local gunsmith fitted it for $40.

Lyman 452460 5.8 of 231 25 yards standing 2 hand hold. We have potential here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Nice - Why did it need fitting ?
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

It would not fit in the frame window.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Nice choice of handguns! I've got one (Uberti) with interchangeable cylinders from the factory, .45 L.C. and .45 ACP. It was kind of hard to get...there don't seem to be that many made. Both cylinders are serial numbered to the frame.

Boolit Master
    From 25 yards offhand, that's a respectable group. I'd say you're doing SOMEthing right. Did the revolver originally have a cylinder chambered for .45 Colt?
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Yes .45 colt. It is the Frisco model.

Boolit Master
    I also have an Uberti 45 Colt, been looking for a ACP cylinder for a while; I gotta get looking harder !
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

You're a great shot, obviously!

Those Frisco's are beautiful. I have a 4 3/4" model and used it last year for my buck.

I'm guessing the 45 SCP cylinder didn't come with the same type bluing as the Frisco, did it? Hard to tell in your picture.

35W
    The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions.
    There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand.

NRA Life Member

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    I found an Uberti .45 acp cylinder and a local gunsmith fitted it for $40.
    Find another cylinder and have it reamed to 45 Schofield!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Quote Originally Posted by 35 Whelen View Post
    You're a great shot, obviously!

Those Frisco's are beautiful. I have a 4 3/4" model and used it last year for my buck.

I'm guessing the 45 SCP cylinder didn't come with the same type bluing as the Frisco, did it? Hard to tell in your picture.

35W
    I had to look online to find the acp cylinder. The Colt cylinder is very bright blue. The acp is duller. I think it was around $125.

That load has shot at least reasonably well in every. 45 acp I have tried it in. It is a slightly reduced version of an "accuracy " load from an old Lyman manual.

A LOT of targets don't get photographed.

Taylors lists some .45 acp cylinders.

I'm almost embarrassed to show my Frisco. I found it on Gunbroker and it was a display model at a gun shop in Louisiana. Although unfired, it had been handled by a lot of folks who don't know how to handle SA's thus had the nasty ring on the cylinder. The bright side was I bought it for far less than the price of a new one!

It's my favorite, and most accurate 45 Colt and it's so tempting to buy another!

35W
    The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions.
    There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand.

NRA Life Member

Boolit Buddy

If you don't want to shoot the 45 Colt then just get some 45 Colt Cowboy brass that is the same length as the ACP(or close) for lighter loads, You have more room to play around with your bullet seating depth with the rim.
    We were brothers then, we are brothers now, we are brothers forever. Currahee

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    Find another cylinder and have it reamed to 45 Schofield!
    You can shoot schofields in the .45 colt cylinder.

I can pick up once fired acp brass off the ground at the range.

Boolit Grand Master

Uberti Cimmaron "Evil Roy" 45 Colt with additional 45 ACP cylinder.

Attachment 272575
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master
    I have an email in to Taylors asking about the 45acp cylinder they show. Fingers crossed !
    I tried a cylinder from Norinco, oops didn't fit. They were cool about the return though. haha
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Boolit Master

I had REALLY Good Luck with 6.0grs of W231 under that #452460.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Quote Originally Posted by Walks View Post
    I had REALLY Good Luck with 6.0grs of W231 under that #452460.
    That is the old "potentially most accurate load" in the manual. I dropped back to 5.8 just made me feel a little better.

Boolit Grand Master

I am a believer in a .45 ACP/.45 Colt convertible. Mine is a Ruger SS Bisley 5.5” barrel. I did have to ream the cylinder throats of both cylinders, but, now, either will shoot under an inch at 25 yards off a rest. Further, it will do this from “Mild to Wild”. It is a SERIOUS field pistol, that’s for sure!

Dale53

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast