RotoMetals2WidenersInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: December 2020, Contest Topic: Smokeless Paper Patching

Cast Boolits Owner

December 2020, Contest Topic: Smokeless Paper Patching

December 2020
    Contest topic: Smokeless Paper Patching - Show us how you do it!

New contest format. New rules. See link for rules.

I am using the individual forum titles as the monthly topics (going from the Top to the bottom)
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master
    I do, but not much.

160 grain bullet patched from .358 to .368 and loaded in a 9.3x57R-360 (AKA 360 Black powder express 2.25")

I shoot them in this 1897 vintage JP Sauer and Sohn stalking rifle.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

You win. Cool rifle and cartridge.

Boolit Master

Thanks for the pics. I am not doing smokeless Paper Patching until spring.

My winter Bench Time is heavily committed. I am focusing on de-rimming the many thousands of 22LR's I have picked up at the range the last few years; Swaging them and reloading the .223's I have picked up at the range over the years. I am then moving on to Powder Coating the .38's, 40's, and .45's I have on the shelf from a couple years ago; then reloading the same Brass. I then move to cutting tube to make .30 jackets from the 400 feet of 5/16 copper tubing I bought over the last year, casting cores, and swaging .308's for my .308's, 30-06's, and 300 WINMAG (Promised some friends cast and swage .223's and .308's for Christmas/New Years that I have to work on before a Late New Years Party on the 2nd). Once I am done swaging .308's and reloading - Then I am going to get back into the smokeless Paper Patching.

Maybe if there are other Contest Topics; we can join in as 2021 rolls around.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master

No zombies, nice looking Rifle, set trigger or 2barrels? Happy New Year, Tim

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tward View Post
    No zombies, nice looking Rifle, set trigger or 2barrels? Happy New Year, Tim
    Thanks!

It's a neat rifle indeed. It's a single barrel with set triggers. JP Sauer and some other German companies made this basic pattern from about 1895-WWI or so. This is a plainer model, but it shoots well, and my load corresponds to the sight blades for 80 and 150 meters.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!