WidenersRotoMetals2RepackboxLee Precision
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: Lyman devastator 356637 9mm in 357

Boolit Bub

Lyman devastator 356637 9mm in 357

finally about to try out some boolits i cast with the Lyman devastator 356637 mold tomorrow with my cz 75. While double checking everything, i decided to size a couple in 358 and check OAL with 38 special brass and 357 brass. wow. These really look like contenders. Its a great design and everything checks out with these calibers, number wise, fit etc.

I delved into the forum and found a little info on these being loaded in 38 special, but does anyone have experience using this bullet with full mag loads in the 357? I dont see how it wouldn't work, but since I haven't shot any yet (but will tomorrow in 9mm) im kicking myself for not realizing this before i loaded them all up.

I much prefer my 38 caliber guns, looks like they just got a cousin.

Boolit Bub

these things are champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.skrimps View Post
    finally about to try out some boolits i cast with the Lyman devastator 356637 mold tomorrow with my cz 75. While double checking everything, i decided to size a couple in 358 and check OAL with 38 special brass and 357 brass. wow. These really look like contenders. Its a great design and everything checks out with these calibers, number wise, fit etc.

I delved into the forum and found a little info on these being loaded in 38 special, but does anyone have experience using this bullet with full mag loads in the 357? I dont see how it wouldn't work, but since I haven't shot any yet (but will tomorrow in 9mm) im kicking myself for not realizing this before i loaded them all up.

I much prefer my 38 caliber guns, looks like they just got a cousin.

insanely accurate, good little mold. what a pleasant surprise. bullets dropped at 360, easily sized. great mushroom. worked well in 38 and 357. Cant believe I never tried them as such. This wholeheartedly stole the 358439 for 38 special, 1900 FPS in .357 under h110. this thing can move
    Last edited by Mr.skrimps; 12-02-2020 at 12:11 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Glad you're having fun with it. I've got a couple of Lyman molds...401638 and 356402 and they cast beautifully. My brass MP 4-cavity mold is finicky and I don't know if I'll ever get another one. Have to run the pot at 800 degrees to get consistent fillout.

How fast are you pushing the devastator out of your CZ75?

Boolit Bub
    Around 1000fps