WidenersLee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Advice for Gifts for Grown Grandsons

Boolit Mold
    My cheap Midway range bag has held up well. My range bag has enough eyes and ears not just for me, but for whoever may be going with me. For them, think dates, friends, or whomever. I love my electronic ears, but a variety of other hearing protection, from the band types to a couple styles of earplugs, lets the user figure out what they like. In the beginning, they likely won't know what they like, or even what's out there for gear, so providing options is good. Additional stocking stuffers can be a small stapler with staples, spray adhesive, great big markers, an UpLula, and a first aid kit. I organize items in my range bag using those colorful zippered money bags you can get at WalMart, and being able to find stuff by the color of the bag is a great organization habit for new shooters. Organization is important, and a good hint for new shooters. In those bags are the first aid kit, magazines and loaders, loose ammo (better than boxed any day!) and a variety of other stuff that suits me, in addition to weapon specific items.

Boolit Master
    I don't know about anyone else but with the gouging that's currently going on with 22's I for one have been boycotting places that gouge like the cheap than dirt place
    just something to maybe keep in mind when spending your hard earned dollars

Boolit Master

Thanks for all the ideas and recommendations. I got on line last night and got all my orders in for both the grandsons and also for what the granddaughter requested. Only have sons and daughters-in-law left to cover.

BTW, no gougers were patronized.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Grand Master

I would have said a one year membership in the NRA but the National Media has us all portrayed as jack booted KKK violent thugs .
    Not sure it's still socially correct to be a NRA member.

Well ...I come from a different time when US Presidents were even allowed to be members , I've been a NRA member my entire life and will die one and both of my children are NRA members .
    So I'm going ahead and saying give them a one year membership in the NRA and let them decide after that if they want to continue .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Id also be building 1000rds ammo each, and an offer to teach reloading and equipment down the road.

Boolit Master

I had already thought of NRA membership but decided that I won't send any more money to NRA until I can be sure that Wayne LaP won't be using any of it to cover his rear end with expensive tailored pants.

I'm already working on ammo for both grandsons and sons. Not much time right now. SWMBO is not in best of health or at least she doesn't feel like doing everything she would like getting ready for Christmas so I'm taking up the slack.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    The best advise start them with a " Mutual Fund"
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master

I've already got the three GRANDs set up with Fidelity. Hopefully by the time they are all out of college and/or grad school, they will be able to carry on with a well funded start on a retirement program. I was fortunate that my former employer set up a 401k plan for retirement. I was fortunate that I had seen that putting my $$ into an interest bearing account was a good way to end up with the short end of the stick. All three have an index fund covering a major part of the market. Hopefully also, they will show enough interest in investing, in the next several years, to learn about it on their own.

I trust that is what you meant, salpal48.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

A lifestraw water purifier comes to mind.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Quote Originally Posted by Hogtamer View Post
    A lifestraw water purifier comes to mind.
    On that point, a Hand-Operated pump is a lot better than one where you must provide mouth suction. Works a lot better when you need to refill a CamelBak.

Boolit Buddy
    The midway bag is the gold standard. All the shooting stuff I use on a regular basis is in mine, which I have had for at least 11 years and it's still going strong.

Boolit Master
    AFAIK nobody ever returned a brick of 22lr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12