Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: Saeco #58 .45ACP Load Data?

Boolit Buddy

Saeco #58 .45ACP Load Data?

I'm interested in seeing load data for the Saeco #58 for defensive purposes in an aluminum-framed, micro-compact semiauto .45acp (i.e. standard pressures).

There is Bullseye, Green Dot, WSF, HP-38, and 700X on tap, but also interested in any and all load data for the #58.

Boolit Master
    I have one or two of those powders that you list, and just shook down my chronograph 2 weeks ago. Give me until this time next week & I'll have some data for you.
    Until then, may I suggest that you load those projectiles using data for 230 gr. FMJ or LRN projectiles.
    Last edited by Kosh75287; 11-29-2020 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Additional commentary
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Since that is a 215 grain boolit, use data for a 230 grain boolit. It should be very safe and will give you more than enough velocity for social purposes.
    The powders you have available have data easily available either online or in manuals for 230 grain cast.

Boolit Grand Master

Here is some useful information from the Cast Bullet Association Forum:

https://forum.castbulletassoc.org/th...swc-in-45-acp/

Enjoy!
    Dale53

Quote Originally Posted by Dale53 View Post
    Here is some useful information from the Cast Bullet Association Forum:

https://forum.castbulletassoc.org/th...swc-in-45-acp/

Enjoy!
    Dale53
    I have a mold that is the truncated cone version of that mold made by accurate molds.com. The link that Dale gave is is the data that I've used.

I've shot the Safeco version and while I thought it would be a jam-o-matic it fed perfectly when seated at 1.185. It was also very accurate.

I got the tc version thinking it would load easier in the Smith and Wesson 625 using moon clips. Then I found out my fingers way too short for a double action now I wish I would have bought the Safeco version instead. Good luck and by all means have fun

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Groo here
    Mill spec for 45acp is 5 gr Bullseye,,, also the bullet is sealed [aka glued ] in the case..
    Reloaders often use 5.5 to make up for the lack of case tention [that increases pressure]
    The lead bullet will have less bore resistance than a jacket [less pressure]and more speed [same same]
    I would check your data for the lightest load of the powder in question , then increase till the gun is reliable and the groups tighten up.
    I use 5gr bullseye for most 45 bullets 230 [or so] at 830 fps {ish] 200 at 900 [ish] 185 at 950 [ish]
    "Do something, observe what happens and be more learned"

Boolit Master
    Chronographed from my 4 inch Kimber 1911 Saeco 058 with 5 grains Titegeoup, Hornady cases and S&B primers at 1.180" OAL
    Ave velocity 821 FPS.
    Do with this info as you wish. Free of charge.

Boolit Grand Master

I shot a lot of them ahead of 5.2 Red Dot.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!