WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
Titan ReloadingLoad DataReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: Thank you!

Boolit Mold

Thank you!

I had my first go at powder coating lead bullets today and... it was a resounding success! I just wanted to post a "thank you" to everyone here who has shared their experiences and put out enough good info that a noob is able to get it right the first time. I tried a batch of Lyman .314" 200 grain rifle bullets in the blue silicone ice trays and they came out perfect. I did a small batch of Lee .452" hollow points in the green silicone ice trays with .50" holes and some had bare spots where the tray scraped the bullets on the way in, so I won't use those again for .45 bullets. My 3rd batch was a small number of lee .314" tumble lube SWCs that I did on a silicone baking sheet (flat) and those came out perfect, too. I have convinced myself now that I don't think I have to do PID to get good results as long as I pay attention, but maybe I'll do it some day just because it's fun to tinker.

THANK YOU, FOLKS!

Welcome to the madness. Glad everything is going good. I hope you know how deep the rabbit hole you are falling into is. I still haven't hit bottom.

Banned
    Welcome to CB and powdercoating. glad things worked out for you.

with the 45's. get a silicone (or any kind of baking mat, parchment paper, nonstick foil, ---) and just set them on that, they don't need an icecube tray -- they don't fall over easy

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Welcome to the forum. I had the same luck as you the first time and I think even since, not counting the time some of my boolits fell over and I learned about the domino effect.
    PCing works great. Enjoy!

The members here are enablers, thank goodness for them
    Regards,

Gary

Boolit Master
    Careful what you read too as you may find we're nuts. Maybe we're just more artistic or just like to waste our time. Regardless of why we're wasting our time doing the PC thing, I'm a happy camper doing it. Like a clean and shiny car drives better (who doesn't agree?) a shiny coated bullet shoots better.

I just stand my bullets up on silicone baking sheets lining the trays and get as perfect of a coating as I could wish for. No spots from them touching anything. Doubt it makes much difference but I don't take extra time if I don't need to. Great thing is there are options with PC and they all work more or less.

Boolit Mold
    I love the fact that just because my # of posts here is low, y'all warning me that I'm about to fall into some strange cult! I reload 7.62x38r and fill the back of my Lyman 525 grain slugs with hot glue, that should tell you all you need to know about MY sickness.

Boolit Master
    It's not a Cult! We're just weird. I try to pay more attention to the way someone types than their post count.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	We'reAllMad_sm.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	163.6 KB 
ID:	272579