Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: What are the differences between RCE and Corbin presses?

Boolit Buddy

What are the differences between RCE and Corbin presses?

Apparently the RCE LAT-35 is similar to the Corbin CSP-1 and the RCE Walnut Hill-2 is similar to the Corbin CSP-2 in terms of general size and function but what are the differences in construction, quality, etc?

Boolit Master

I can only comment on Walnut Hill/CSP-2.
    Both presses are threaded 7/8-14 on top. The external punch holder threads in there. (In a reloading press that's where the die goes)

The ram on a CSP-2 press is threaded 5/8-24. The ram on a Walnut Hill is threaded 7/8-14. The swage die threads on the ram.

The CSP-2 press is much smaller than the Walnut Hill press. Both presses are very well built. The CSP-2 is a bit more crowded when you are feeding parts to the die.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by clodhopper View Post
    I can only comment on Walnut Hill/CSP-2.
    Both presses are threaded 7/8-14 on top. The external punch holder threads in there. (In a reloading press that's where the die goes)

The ram on a CSP-2 press is threaded 5/8-24. The ram on a Walnut Hill is threaded 7/8-14. The swage die threads on the ram.

The CSP-2 press is much smaller than the Walnut Hill press. Both presses are very well built. The CSP-2 is a bit more crowded when you are feeding parts to the die.
    Do both presses have machined parts or are some casted? I recall someone mentioning that the Walnut Hill part where the handle attaches is cast. Is that true?

Boolit Master

It is cast. But it's pretty substantial. The same part on my CSP presses are welded bar stock.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Buddy
    Strange, but my Walnut hill is 100% machined parts and the 'hole' on top is an inch and a half in diameter. Do I have a 'one off' model or is someone mistaken??? Can't comment on the WH2 as it's only been available for a couple of weeks.

Boolit Master

The top hole on the WH is 1 1/2" x 12 with a 7/8" x 14 reducer in it. The toggle link is cast.

Boolit Master

Thanks for the accurate correction DDriller.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

I believe the only way and probably the best would to have a new ram made to fit the press with the correct dimensions for the H dies.

Boolit Man
    Richard made a few 'versions' of the Walnut hill over the years so there were some changes over time.