Lee PrecisionRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
Titan Reloading

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Friday, Nov. 27

For Thought and Meditation - Friday, Nov. 27

Good morning . I hope your Thanksgiving was full of blessings. Today's message reflects a personal part of my daily prayers. Have a safe and blessed day.

Friday, November 27, 2020 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    How Real Change Happens

“And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives.”
    —Romans 6:4

I’ve noticed that a lot of people treat their dogs as though they were humans. They dress them up in humiliating outfits. They buy food for them that looks like people food because they think their dogs will actually appreciate that. And worst of all, they push their dogs around in strollers.

The reality is that a dog would prefer to just do what dogs do, like eat roadkill, drink toilet water, and chase cats. That’s because you can’t change the nature of an animal. The Bible even says, “Can a leopard take away its spots?” (Jeremiah 13:23 NLT).

That brings us to a question: Can people change, or are we just victims of fate?

I think people can change. But we can’t change ourselves any more than a drowning man can save himself.

Sometimes, however, we think that if we change the outside, it will be different on the inside. Or if we lived in a new place, our lives would be better. Or if we made some new friends, we’d be better people.

But those things won’t change who we are on the inside.

Maybe you’ve tried to break free from the power of alcohol or turn away from a lifestyle of drugs. Maybe you’ve tried to live a sexually pure life. And maybe you’ve tried to be a better person. But none of it has really worked.

That’s because the problem is within. Some people say the answer is within, but actually the heart of the problem is the problem of the heart.

The Bible tells us that the heart (that is, who we are on the inside) is “the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked” (Jeremiah 17:9 NLT).

But the good news is that God can change you on the inside. God can change your heart.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

I know from personal experience that yes the leopard can change its spots.

But the process is long, hard, and the leopard has to WANT to change.

And even then, you need to remember, its still a leopard.

God can change your heart, he can help you to be a better, kinder person.
    But it is going to take work, don't give up. Trust in the Lord and stay the course.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

It takes continual prayer.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Very good and true lesson today ! Unlike animals we can change . As hokey as some think it is you can be whoever you want to be on any given day you wake . It's just choice .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

Amen, God called me out of darkness and placed me in the light of Jesus Christ!