Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving and I hope that turkey.....

Boolit Master

Happy Thanksgiving and I hope that turkey.....

I hope that turkey you have on the table is a wild one that you got with your own home made shot and reloads! Mine was!

Unfortunately where I live the Wild Turkeys are mostly Neighborhood Pets, They cruise thru your yard just about very day with a flock of about 15-20 birds, scratchin' and diggin' around just makin' a livin'. We also have a 50 bird Covey of Quail that live in our back yard and also cruise the neighborhood. My cat talks to them and they don't run away from him, once saw him sitting beside the sidewalk as the whole covey walked right by on either side of him. Never seen anything like it.

I could get my limit on Doves in my front yard with my pellet gun. However my wife also considers them pets and feeds them until they are all fat little suckers,. They flock with the Band Tailed Pigeons and all are off limits to me..

We have a 250 year old Oak Tree in our front yard that is massive. Sometimes all the Pigeons flock in the tree and then any sharp noise sets them off and the whole sky erupts with birds. It is really quite impressive.

So unless someone invites me to a bird hunt, I can only dream about the way it used to be.

Here's a pic of Hen that got separated from the flock and hung out for a couple of days on the patio fence. She rejoined the Flock when they cruised back thru. Just visiting?

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Moderator Emeritus

After years ago had three nice size flocks surrounding my place. Now nothing. Think coyotes got them. Gonna get one 8n particular. Big guy. Seems when I see him I don't have a rifle on me and he does not get to close. I'll get him one of these times.

Boolit Master

Where I deer hunt, I see on the average 35 to 60 turkeys per day! The place is overrun with them! They come in and clean up my deer corn pile in minutes! I swear some of the gobblers must weigh in near 30 pounds! Many of the neighbors shoot them for thanksgiving and for the early season pre-Easter. Wish you guys could come out here to get a few.

I'm sure a bunch of us would take you up on that invite if only we could fly on a plane without dying. Then there's that quarantine thing when we get there.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com