76. You may not vote on this poll

2 2.63%

8 10.53%

8 10.53%
  • more then 1000

58 76.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: starting a pole How many rounds a year.

starting a pole How many rounds a year.

How many rounds a year do you shoot, not counting rimfire?

Banned

About 20,000 centerfire!

Boolit Master
    I shoot about 10-20k just targets with pistol, that’s why we need more spp. I have enough for about 1.5 years left at that rate. Deer shooting is 1 shot 1 kill, so got enough sr to last me.

1500-2000 a year right now. Been more in the past but I never keep count just guesstimating.

Boolit Grand Master

1,000 is a pretty low bar on a gun board.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Buddy
    Somewhere's between 20-25,000, but this is shotshell, pistol and rifle all together.

Boolit Master
    52 weeks in a year, I don't shoot every week and I don't shoot 100 rounds of center fire when I go to the range. I said 1000 but it is probably a little more than that
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

>20K. Well over 1000 just muzzleloading.

Boolit Master
    5,000 to 10,000
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

I know a guy that loves shooting, shoots 2-3 times what I do but he can't hit nothin. He likes to make noise at 7 yards cause that's the distance most shootings happen at. I can hit my 6" plate easily at 50 yards, and clays most of the time with a handgun. At the same, I can hit a shotgun hull offhand with my 22 rifle. It ain't the quantity, but rather the quality of the practice one does.

Boolit Master
    I know a guy that loves shooting, shoots 2-3 times what I do but he can't hit nothin. He likes to make noise at 7 yards cause that's the distance most shootings happen at. I can hit my 6" plate easily at 50 yards, and clays most of the time with a handgun. At the same, I can hit a shotgun hull offhand with my 22 rifle. It ain't the quantity, but rather the quality of the practice one does.
    /\ T H I S ! ! ! !/\

100 rounds a week, 3 of every 4 weeks, so...what? 3600 to 3900 a year? Unless I have more time and money? And I sure HOPE that I'm doing more than making noise!
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Master
    1000 plus if you include shotgun, not much pistol, but lots of rifle starting early spring/summer. I like to go and warm up for hunting season practising postional shots that may have to be made, keeps the hand eye sharp.never counted but probably more than 150 round a week.

Boolit Bub
    Only about a hundred this year and last. Shameful, I know. Haven't devoted much time to shooting since the boy came and my work shift changed. Hoping this coming year will see me back over 1000. I have CB work with the 30-06 to deal with.

6000 to 8000 a year

Well last couple years due to health I’m down to 2500/3500 rds per year. I live in country and had deer camp 10mile from house. I shot every day unless weather kept me in. That was reloading day.
    I have no idea how many rounds were shot up. I can tell you not near as many as some claim. I never shot revolvers DA. I was into bullseye. Rifles and handguns were super tuned on sand bags and then shot off hand. My dad was first in family to buy shotgun shells by the case. I was first one to by 22s by the case. We never did cf handgun and rifle by the case, we loaded them. The HV rifles with store bought jacketed bullets and pistols with cast.

Boolit Master
    5k in 45 acp, another 5 to 7 in 22. We're Canton and Camp Perry pistol shooters.

Shotgun, another 2k minimum, hp rifle, not so much.

Boolit Mold
    Interesting poll. Before the 2020 "incident", I was shooting 15,000 9mm per year in weekly local competitions, about 2,000 45 acp, a few hundred 6.5 creed, and a few thousand 223/556. Then the ranges were shut down... ya, I'm in California. The outdoor ranges are open again, somewhat marginally, one shutdown completely.
    I said, hell with it and retired in August. Luckily, I had components stockpiled, so I've been concentrating on casting and powder coating, which is new to me.
    As for 22lr, I was doing ARA Benchrest competitions... the range where we did those comps is the one closed down... so there's that. I imagine by the time the "incident" is declared over, I'll have enough of every calibur to never have to worry about empty store shelves again.
    Bought an old Lyman 45 on Ebay the other day and probably spend some time restoring it. I'll use it on 40, 10mm and 45acp, just for something to learn.
    Be nice if 12 gauge hulls ever become available again... just sayin'.

Boolit Buddy

Used to shoot 30 K to35 K yearly, but last 5 or 6 years down to 1500 to 2000 a year. Eye site is getting poorer by the year.
    SEMPER FI remember you only have the "RIGHTS" you are willing to fight for & except for ending slavery, fascism, nazism, and communism, WAR has never solved anything!

Vegas Vince / NRA Benefactor / USMC

What gets shot the most is the 5.56/223. Then hand guns, rifle I would have to say 500. I think that would be to I shoot a lot of bow.
    It takes more than just reading, to prepare a young soldier for battle.
    Your experience means the world to the young.

Boolit Man
    Zero under the current conditions. I won't shoot what I can't replace.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast