Load DataInline FabricationTitan ReloadingWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, Nov. 25

For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, Nov. 25

Good morning all. Today's message may be a hard one for some of us, but very important non the less. Have a safe and blessed day.

Wednesday, November 25, 2020 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    Still Thankful

“For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread; and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, ‘Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.’”
    —1 Corinthians 11:23–24

If you knew bad things were about to happen, would you still give thanks?

Jesus did. He gave thanks, knowing that He was about to look into the throat of Hell and bear the sins of the world.

The Bible tells us, “The Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread; and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, ‘Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me’” (1 Corinthians 11:23–24 NKJV).

Jesus knew the future. He knew what lay ahead for Him would not be easy or pleasurable.

He knew that no one would deliver Him from the cross. In fact, He even knew that one of His own handpicked disciples, Judas Iscariot, would betray Him. He knew the others would go into hiding. And He knew that Simon Peter would openly deny Him.

Jesus knew the whole story. That’s because Jesus is God, and He is omniscient—all-knowing.

Then why did Jesus give thanks? It’s because He knew what His suffering would accomplish. The greatest good of all time came from the worst travesty of justice.

So if someone says they lost their faith because of a certain crisis, then I would say that’s good, because they need to get rid of that faith. It’s worthless. The faith that cannot be tested is a faith that cannot be trusted.

Anyone can praise God when the sky is blue and the sun is shining. But if you can praise God when the roof caves in, when the bottom drops out, and when things go wrong, it says to me that you’re a true follower of Jesus Christ.

We must remember that despite our immediate circumstances, God is always at work. And that’s a great reason to give thanks.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen - Thank You Father for all you do - Especially that which I cannot see or know . . .
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

Amen and thanks for a great start of the day!

Boolit Buddy
    Amen and thank you.

Boolit Master
    When ones faith is tested.

Job 2:9-10

His wife said to him, “Are you still maintaining your integrity? Curse God and die!” He replied, “You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?” In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.

Do we accept the bad with the good? Heading into our first Thanksgiving still praising God! He's good all the time!

Happy Thanksgiving all!