MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: WTB Ruger MK 1 grips

Boolit Buddy

WTB Ruger MK 1 grips

Getting a old Ruger Mark 1 and need a set of grips for the old girl. Anyone have a set laying around they could part with? Send me a Pm if you have some available. Thanks in advance.

Boolit Master
    Which frame? The A-54 or the A-100?
    It matters.

Boolit Buddy
    How does one tell which is which? I have no clue, and it is not in hand yet, will be in a couple of days. Best regards, the toolman.

Boolit Buddy

If they a the same as mk2, I have several sets of plastic and wood grip panels.
    USN 86-92
    USAR 96-2013 Retired.
    CW3 USAR - 919A "Maintenance is our Passion"

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by JMtoolman View Post
    How does one tell which is which? I have no clue, and it is not in hand yet, will be in a couple of days. Best regards, the toolman.
    from a grip maker website:

Be sure you select the right vintage of Mark I grips! The hole spacing and magazine clearance cut is different for the Pre-71 and Post-71 production, with some cross-over and transitions that don't quite fit either vintage.

The hole spacing is a very good way to tell what model of Ruger 22 Auto you have. Here's a table that may help:

Model:______R Grip Hole Spacing__L Grip Hole Spacing___R Top Hole Ctr from top__L Bottom Hole from Base
    Pre '71 Mk I____2.75-in____________2.95-in_____________0.6-in________________0.4-in
    Post '71 Mk I___2.95-in____________2.56-in_____________0.8-in________________0.8-in
    Mark II/III_____2.75-in____________2.56-in_____________0.75-in_______________0.8-in

Also, neither the Mark I or Standard models had any notches at the top for the bolt release or safety, but the Mark II has two notches at the top of the left-hand grip to clear these operating controls. The early Pre-71 models also had the bottom left-hand grip mounting hole only .37-.40 inches from the base of the grip, and the notch for the magazine follower at the bottom inside of the grip was on the right-hand grip. Both the later Mark I and the Mark II and Mark III have a clearance groove or notch on the lower inside surface of the left-hand grip.
    http://www.tombstonegrips.com/mm5/me...Code=RugerAuto

I have no financial interest with Tombstone Grips.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001