Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
PBcastcoInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: Henry side gates

Henry side gates

Well looks like Henry dropped the bomb and is gonna release their side gates in pistol caliber rifles. Wonder when they'll ever hit the wholesale distributors?

Sigh......

Boolit Buddy

I saw a used one in 357/38 a few weeks ago. Really nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIivkvZrjBM

Side gate .44 all weather.

The only problem is they dropped the 41 mag, and the 327.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelguns 1961 View Post
    The only problem is they dropped the 41 mag, and the 327.
    What? I was just looking through the new catalog and at the 327 Federal and its in there. Just went on the website and neither the 327 or 41Mag is.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

Biggest problem is when I look for a Henry Lever Action, all I see is "Out Of Stock". Covid has this country on its knees as far as production, business and Demonkrats wanting to take away our 2A rights.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master
    the 41 is one of my favorites. the more I use it the more I like it. very very close as far as fit function and likability as 1894 fg

Quote Originally Posted by Hickok View Post
    Biggest problem is when I look for a Henry Lever Action, all I see is "Out Of Stock". Covid has this country on its knees as far as production, business and Demonkrats wanting to take away our 2A rights.
    Covid seems to have created shortages in every category of manufacturing.
    Makes you wonder if these rifles will ever make it to the gun shops, or will just fill back orders (if you wait long enough).

Boolit Mold
    Dont rely on Gun Shops keeping a up-to-date inventory on the website. My favorite shop showed no Henrys...I went in and he had a wall full. Got me my first Henry...a Side gate 30/30

The ammo???? thats different. .223 5.56 9mm, all the 'normal' ones? Yep, in stock. So Im digging around Natchez, Midway, and Brownells looking for powder, shell holders and even one stage presses... Biden is dead serious about doing away with the rights bestowed upon us by God to ensure our Freedoms....

Kinda sad to have a bangstick, that has no bang.

Which is why we cast, and load, by hand..

Now that they're offering their PCC's with a loading gate, they have my interest. I'd love a 357 mag to sit along side my JM 1894CB in 45 colt.

Boolit Buddy
    Picked up an Henry X in 45-70 this summer. I’ve been casting and loading quite a variation of different thumpers. In the low end Bullseye has been my favorite along with 2400, Reddot, and Unique. For some hotter fun I’ve been using 3031 and trying to source some 4198. Ahh, the joys of casting and reloading.

Couple of wishes though ... I wish they dumped the buckhorn sights in favor of a Skinner style sight. Don’t get me wrong the new fiber optic sights on the X are great but not as good as a peep. I also wished they provided the rail in the box.

I think that Skinner Sights are great. All steel, very solid, and difficult to damage, like the Lyman aperture sights made in the 1970s and before. And aperture sights are more accurate and easier to use for many.

However, I am very much opposed to dumping the Marbles semi-buckhorn sights that are standard on traditional Henry lever actions.
    These look great and work fine, and many people love them.
    If this were not true, Henry wouldn't put them there.

Also, many people don't want a scope or fiber optic sights on a traditional blued steel and walnut lever action. Period.

And, most people differ on what they want instead of the standard iron sights. Trying to please everyone by offering every option would be impractical. When you think about it, that's why most bolt action rifles come without any sights, or just backup irons.

As far as including a scope mount, which scope mount? Some might want a rail while others might want a basic Weaver style mount. Some might want a scope mount for another style of rings.
    Last edited by Prairie Cowboy; 11-27-2020 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TjB101 View Post
    Picked up an Henry X in 45-70 this summer. I’ve been casting and loading quite a variation of different thumpers. In the low end Bullseye has been my favorite along with 2400, Reddot, and Unique. For some hotter fun I’ve been using 3031 and trying to source some 4198. Ahh, the joys of casting and reloading.

Couple of wishes though ... I wish they dumped the buckhorn sights in favor of a Skinner style sight. Don’t get me wrong the new fiber optic sights on the X are great but not as good as a peep. I also wished they provided the rail in the box.
    I put XS sights on my Henry X 45-70 as well as on my Marlin 336's. I like a peep sight, and also like a longer sight radius.