Reloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did you miss out on an H&R Ultra Slug Hunter?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    The only problem with the Encore is how light it its. It's not Tracker II light, but I believe it is under 7 pounds. On second thought, I just checked the Henry spec, and it states 6.88 pounds. That's going to need some lead in the butt stock.
    I had a stainless Encore Pro Hunter ML for use in the brackish water of the Blackwater NWR when after Sika stags . I also added a Pro Hunter stainless 12 gauge rifled barrel , that one had a pretty decent thump when you touched it off but the biggest downfall I had was keeping the scope to suit me . Seems recoil of the 12 gauge was torqueing the scope in the mounts . So that went down the road , it was an excellent “idea” for the place I was hunting just a shame it didn’t work out . Might add I never really liked the Encore ML but it shot okay .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

After some research, 7.5 lbs for the Pro Hunter 12 ga., and about $780 Street Price.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

I've hunted with a NEF 20 gauge slug gun for years. Its the light barreled version. I chose it over the ultra because I could not see hauling that pig around all day. They do pound ya from the bench but out in the field you don't even feel the recoil. I was hoping that I had a steel frame but after looking into its few years back its sadly cast. Its a real shame we lost H&R, like so many things the affordable option that gets people into a sport is fading away. An even bigger gripe is the price of sabots! They keep killing off buck-hammer alternatives and pushing $3 per round wonder shells that give occasional flyers. With the changing regulations it makes less and less sense to hunt with these types of guns anymore.

Boolit Buddy
    I love the USH, i got 5 in 12 gauge the last one i bought said topper88, i think but looks like a USH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12