Inline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load Data

Thread: Lyman EZ Loader on ebay (Not Mine)

Boolit Buddy

Lyman EZ Loader on ebay (Not Mine)

Perhaps you will find this interesting. Nice condition and well made. Comes with carrying case. I'm sure the clubs I shoot at wouldn't mind if I drill some holes in their bench to mount this ;^)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lyman ez loader.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	271974

Name:	Lyman ez loader .jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	271975

Name:	Lyman ez loader  .jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	271976
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Banned
    Use it and you quickly learn why it has been called the Quezy loader. That is the 2nd version frame. Fortunately you have a sizing die so you know what to expect finding dies that fit. The priming mechanism is missing and your life will be the better for that. DO NOT attempt to disassemble it, you will not be able to get it back together so everything slides without binding. The two die stations in the front should only be used for boolit seating and priming or seperate crimp. Anything else will break them.
    They were in the Lyman catalog from 1953 to 1956/7

Other than that , have fun!

Boolit Buddy
    It always amazes me the info stored in your mind Pressman!
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Master
    For the sake of your sanity, RUN!! As fast as you can!

Some factory-ammo mole got into Lyman’s employ and designed that press to end handloading in America.

I bought one of those presses on Ebay just for the novelty. I have three different sets of dies for it. Set up for the 357 it works better than for bottle neck cartridges. In all about as handy as the Lee whack-a-mole dies just a lot more temperamental. LOL Gp

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    I have two and love them. The first was bought from Dragonrider here on CB with .357 dies that has been perfect loading for the Contender. The second I use for a .30BR wildcat.

As mentioned, to use the inner FL die position on the press, you need to use the proprietary FL die, 310 dies with bushing, or have your 7/8x14 die body top end turned down to fit between the arms.

Name:	4FDCA573-B263-407A-8A90-1333203BE2FD.jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	272008
    (IIRC, this is one of Pressman’s pics of the FL size dies. I have never been able to stumble across one of these little unicorns in the wild,,, )

Name:	9C06815E-3E70-4D20-A851-56DDB081D754.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	272009

No, it’s not nearly as versatile as some other presses, but it’s an enjoyable bit of history and makes very good ammunition.
    Last edited by Hamish; 11-23-2020 at 05:00 PM.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master

I have one these as well, I was intrigued with these presses a couple years back. Both Pressman and floodgate were nice enough to provide me with as much information as I wanted.

I then purchased one of these beauties with the horizontal metal carrying case. I later purchased the primer feed, the rifled slug making kit and the shot shell loading kit. I have a handful of dies sets for the press and find it to be no more cumbersome using this than using my Tru-Line Jr or my "Red Head" press. The EZY Loader has provided me hours of reading and learning how these older tools were intended to be used. I wouldn't hesitate purchasing another one, if I could find the cast iron version that is complete.

Scott
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

I have one just like it sitting under my bench.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Someday I’d like to run across a set of dies for one in a cartridge I shoot,,,,,,it’s alway worth a few minutes perusing fleabay.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Someday I’d like to run across a set of dies for one in a cartridge I shoot,,,,,,it’s alway worth a few minutes perusing fleabay.
    Hamish, shoot me a PM, I may be able to help you out.
    Scott
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Master
    I found one of the cast iron ones in the junk yard, the thing weighs a ton! It's pretty rough, and no dies, but someday I'll get it set up and running.

Boolit Master
    I know this thread is a year old but I just couldn't keep my mouth shut. A few days ago I wrote about the EZY Loader that I have and retrofitted to load 30-30 cartridges. I did not get any feed back on my thread at all. I have been reloading 30-30's with it for over 2 years now and have had no problems with it. Sorry for the rant but my personal feeling is it's a good sturdy press fro my purpose. Sorry Pressman.

Banned
    I read what you wrote, but could not figure out just what you did to the press. Too many other things got in the way of a response then. I would like to see a picture of what modifications you made.

Using a two die set in the two front stations would work OK, if the ears don't break during resizing. The rear resizing die station is a bit awkward to use as is priming on the press.

If you have pictures it may be best to send them via email in my sig line. Curious minds want to know.

Ken

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    I read what you wrote, but could not figure out just what you did to the press. Too many other things got in the way of a response then. I would like to see a picture of what modifications you made.

Using a two die set in the two front stations would work OK, if the ears don't break during resizing. The rear resizing die station is a bit awkward to use as is priming on the press.

If you have pictures it may be best to send them via email in my sig line. Curious minds want to know.

Ken
    Actually, the only modifications I made was having a couple of rams from Lee to have them turned down so I could use any caliber shell holder I choose. I have dedicated it to 30-30 though. The other modification I made was removing some metal from behind the two die station's because the standard 7/8" die lock nuts would not go down far enough to lock the dies in place.
    If you don't mind, it would be a lot easier for me to send pictures to a Cellphone number, I won't share your number and will get rid of it after sending the pictures. I sent some pictures of the press to another member already and got rid of his number.

Banned
    Ok, you have a 2nd model, the 3rd had the scallop for die rings.
    Making shellholders is clever.
    I'll send you a pm.