Snyders JerkyInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: A new Ipad or an ONN 10.1 Pro???

A new Ipad or an ONN 10.1 Pro???

Looks like time for Santa to bring the wife a new tablet.

She has a ipad air, version 3? her second one in 6 years. It still works fine as long as you keep the charger plugged in, batterys about done! She does mainly FB games and a few online games with family on it.
    First time around was $400 out of the box, second time was an apple replacement and $100, First one lasted 4 years before it's battery died, this one only two.

I figured I'd get her an ipad 7, close to $400. When we were shopping at Wally world I looked at there tablets, samsung-nope use one at work, it's either too hot and shuts off or too cold and shuts off.
    Seen an ONN 10.1 pro for $129 Android, Looks good checked out the online reviews and all seems well.

Thinking that might be the way to go, all the wife cares about is the gaming and fb stuff. She wants it to work!

I like the price tag considering the time of the year and all the covid craziness going on, money saved for more important things, just in case!

And at $129 I just might replace my ipad, it's battery is gettin weak.

Any thoughts on the ONN versus the ipad?

Boolit Buddy
    Strange. I have had three iPads, a mini, than the largest and now the middle size, don’t know model designation but I have never had a battery problem, wife also has no problems with her iPad either

Boolit Buddy
    Battery replacement $100?

Boolit Master

I would have to get the battery replaced in her current IPad.

I second the battery replacement if you can.

But if you have been using a ipad stick with it. A jump to android is can be unpleasant for some users.

Android can do soooo much more. It scares people.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I won't use android anything. Not even if you paid me. That entire ecosystem is noting but spyware and malware.

Get her a new battery in her existing iPad.
    Or get her a refurb mini 4 for <$300.
    Or just spring for the latest iPad.

USMC 77, USRA 79

i love my Ipad mini.. I would suggest just dropping out the money for what she wants and is used to. remember, money spent like this is money well spent.. i second the reconditioned Ipad Mini 4 and a good case... a better deal cant be found. happy wife is a happy life..
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    IPad Always
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Master
    A new battery is about fifty-sixty bucks. No reason not to just get one. Way cheaper than any other option.

Boolit Grand Master
    My iPad is over 5 years old and still on the original battery. If it is less than $75 to replace the battery, that is what I would do. Get her something else with the money saved over a newer iPad. Unless your wife is computer comfortable, some people can get frustrated switching from one operating system to another.
    Don Verna

I use an android phone, but have a ipad, bought my wife one 2 yrs ago. she loves it. battery replacement or new. just do it. and don't change systems

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

I had an iPad and iPhone. Had to switch to an android phone when I moved here for the internal antenna or so was told by Verizon. I also switched to an android tablet which is what I am using now. Forget it. I will go back to the IPad and iPhone as soon as I find nice deals. Android just does not compare and no where near as reliable to me.

Boolit Man
    If she likes it why change it? Fix it or replace it. Would you want her to buy you a different reloading press than the one you like? My two cents.

Still using the original Ipad with cell service built in. 1200$ back then. Replacing battery isn't hard except to get it unglued. Plus all the microscopic screws. At least that's what the Utube says, haven't done it. Did have the battery replaced in Iphone, by Apple store, 100$.
    Whatever!

Love my iPad Air. 5 years and still going strong. Use it multiple times everyday.