Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading

Thread: 22 tcm

Boolit Mold

22 tcm

need load data for 22tcm rifle i have 40 gr powder coated plain based .225 boolits and have h110 and lilgun powder info for this is hard to find thanks Gary

Boolit Master

Gary do you have dies? If so who made them? Sorry I don't have load data,but it shouldn't be to hard to work up a. Load with unique or red dot.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

ADMIN

Quote Originally Posted by oldnmoldy View Post
    need load data for 22tcm rifle i have 40 gr powder coated plain based .225 boolits and have h110 and lilgun powder info for this is hard to find thanks Gary
    using the factory jacketed, I use 10.5 h110
    So around that
    I have used unique in testing for subsonic and it was 3 grains of unique but it was testing - didn't cycle 1911
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Boolit Master

Sir thinks for that link
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Buddy
    Handloader 298 has some loads
    https://www.accuratepowder.com/load-data/
    Accurate also has loads in its manual.
    In the full manual and in the tcm and 11fs specific manuals

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jreidthompson1; 11-22-2020 at 09:34 PM.

I happened upon a good amount of jacketed 22 mag inertia pulls that were destined for 22 tcm but never got around to picking up a conversion or such. If and when I bump into them they will go right to the S&S section.
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

Boolit Buddy
    Found handloader 298 in internet archive

https://archive.org/details/Handloader_October_2015.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I have found 2400 and Lil'gun to work very well.

Boolit Mold
    i have lee dies with factory crimp die also got the armscore 40 gr factory bullets you can get them for 26.00 for 200 but i just have so many of those nice coated plain based ones i wanted to try i originally was going to use in my 223 with blue dot Gary

Boolit Bub
    With the 40gr armscor bullets, I got to 10.2gr of H110 in converted LC brass. You can probably go a bit higher in factory TCM brass.

I tried to get the pistol to cycle with unique and it was a no go. I got up to 5.2 gr before pressure.

Boolit Buddy

My 2¢

Since you are working on a load for a rifle, assuming RIA bolt, you have a lot of down velocity latitude and more projectile and seating depth options. The thing with the TCM is a good reload is typically going to be good for that specific firearm.

My endeavors have been pistol focused, but may have value. The Alliant TCM spherical powder has worked better for me without the quirks of 296/h110 or lil gun. It does not meter well, but you should be weighing every charge for this cartridge anyway. It’s also useful in 357, 41, and 44. You can still buy this one as it is so new it doesn’t have much of a following yet. I only use SR primers...virtually everyone’s pinch point presently to some degree.

I too mostly focused on jacket, but have found a bit of case flare greatly reduced deformed projectiles. A bit of hornady one shot lube on the projectile helps too, just let it fully dry.

Cases, I find that brass is easier, but the nickel finished cases are much less prone to the early challenges of the TCM cases sticking in the handguns. Fred Craig (the C in TCM) recommended a quick spray of H1Shot on finished brass cartridges to help until the chamber was fully process polished from use. If you happen to try the factory primed nickel cases, expect the neck to be tight first use.

Projectiles. Hornet profile is almost a requirement. I mostly use the factory 40 grain soft point...it’s not a real HP. The factory 39 grain 9R is good too but good luck finding some. The 35 grain VMax and Varmageden ...well I gave up on these after 45 ...they started to show promise but always had a couple that were tumbling at only 10 yards in each set...I haven’t tried them with TCM powder yet. I have had very good results with the Speer #1014 plinker 33 grain JHP. They are available but not plentiful and I have no idea what the expansion characteristics are. There’s a 218 Bee JHP that I have not used but looks to have the right profile.

Cast. I use the NOE 37 grain GC PC cast with #2 or pure Lino. Darned frustrating to get the GC set up on the tiny bastages. They are OK and I will keep the mould,but In retrospect, I think I would prefer the NLG no GC version.

All this, but I’m not gonna spend many SRPrimers on this for a bit until the supply side catches up (if).
    Stronger, Prouder and Greater!