Load DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: Need info

Boolit Buddy

Need info

I have a new to me Rem 700,1x12 twist,26 in heavy barrel, and an old KT10 Weaver. I plan to try for a 10 in plate at 500,using a .30xcb Pc bullet.I have several varieties of powder but limited quantities,imr4064,imr and H4895,3031 and a can of Varget, and of course 2400,any suggestions as to shortest way to success.If none of these powders are good for what I need for .308 and the .30xcb please advise. I wish I had time and powder to search out the best for what is needed but can hardly remember the last powder and primers were for sale locally. Thanks lreed

There seems to be a lot of information on this here:https://www.artfulbullet.com/index.p...-testing.4309/

Boolit Master
    I use the XCB in my .308, 1-10 twist 26" barrel. My 4198 loads are 21.2gn for 1840fps and 26.0gn for 2050fps. I've used 26.0gn of Varget and got 1850fps but it was not as consistent. Bullets were powder coated. I have not tried any of them at 500yd but I have at 300yd. 1.5MOA is kind of 'normal' for my shooting, even at 300yd if there is no wind.

I will be trying the 26.0gn 4198 load at 600 yd soon.