MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2
RepackboxLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWideners
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: Eastern European Mould Maker

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska

Eastern European Mould Maker

I have heard that there is a person in Eastern Europe that makes good moulds. There may have even been some group buys from him. This could be interesting for me, because I live in Europe and buying from the US is expensive due to shipping and customs duties. Anyone have information about him.
    Thanks

Boolit Buddy
    Dry tropics of Australia. Where crocs and Barra rule!
    MP moulds maybe
    https://www.mp-molds.com/

Boolit Master
    As already mentioned, that's probably Miha (MP Molds). Beautiful molds and when seasoned, they cast just as good as they look.

Odd that you mentioned shipping. I can order a mold from MP and it usually takes 4-5 days to get to my house from Slovenia. Unbelievable! I just ordered another from him the day before yesterday and it will arrive on Friday.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DHDeal View Post
    As already mentioned, that's probably Miha (MP Molds). Beautiful molds and when seasoned, they cast just as good as they look.

Odd that you mentioned shipping. I can order a mold from MP and it usually takes 4-5 days to get to my house from Slovenia. Unbelievable! I just ordered another from him the day before yesterday and it will arrive on Friday.
    When you buy from Europe what is your total cost?

How much do you pay for shipping? Do you pay duty? Extra custom fees?

I buy from NOE and after I pay for shipping, that’s a minimum $26.50, I then pay 20% duty(even on shipping charges) and finally a €15 general customs fee. The $115 order that is on its way to me will cost me over $75 plus the original cost. That’s why I’m thinking of looking for a mould over here. It’s just economics.

Same reason here when buying in USA, product price, plus shipping, plus tax 20% plus custom fee 8€ -15€.
    Yes, it’s MP, economics and the best HP and brass moulds, that’s why I have 2 RCBS and 25 MP Molds.

I think super fast DHL shipping that he uses will cost you 15€ for one mould, 20€ for two.... You can calculate shipping when ordering. MP is one of the big names in semi custom mold industry with great reputation.....although small family business

Boolit Master

Mighty fine molds!

Boolit Grand Master

I need to get in touch with them and see if they will make me a mould for this boolit and how much it would cost.

Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    I need to get in touch with them and see if they will make me a mould for this boolit and how much it would cost.
    Is it on their web page? If in stock, order, of not in stock send message and wait till enough interest is generated because he builds them in batches of at least 20. No way to build only one, even with cherry already existing

New design? They don’t do custom “one mould” work, probably MP will not even answer, but you can start group buy and if your design generates enough (20-25 people) interest (process is 2years long usually) then MP will buy cutter /cherry and make moulds. If you don’t have patience, sorry

If you want something he already made but not listed in web store, write, because they have some overruns from previous group buys not listed in web shop. Worth trying.

If you want something new custom made based on your ideas and you need it soon, MP is not for you.

What exactly are you looking to be made if I may ask?

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    He makes WONDERFUL accurate molds. Almost hate to cast with them as they are work of art.

I have 8 of his now all in brass and will buy more as the need arises. The HP's are especially nice, as he gives you all the pins to make different HP's as well as a solid nose! 5 molds in one.

banger

Boolit Grand Master

I just ordered a stock mold from MP molds. It’s not the classic one in the diagram I posted, but will get me started. Same shipping price to me here in France, as anywhere else in the world, but still a very reasonable total price. I hope to have it within a week and start casting.

Boolit Grand Master

I realized that the boolit mold I ordered was not that different from an 8mm mold I had. I quickly asked them to cancel the order and they graciously did so. I wouldn’t hesitate buying from them, if they have exactly what I want in stock.

Now I think I will be looking into Accurate custom molds, after I slug the barrel and maybe do a chamber cast. I had a look at Accurate’s web site today and was very impressed.

Boolit Master
    I thought MP Molds was the best, until I got one of Tom's Accurate molds. However, if I want a hollowpoint I still go to MP Molds, since Tom doesn't do them.

Don
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by USSR View Post
    I thought MP Molds was the best, until I got one of Tom's Accurate molds. However, if I want a hollowpoint I still go to MP Molds, since Tom doesn't do them.

Don
    Unfortunately, I don’t think MP makes custom molds. At least not under a certain quantity.

Boolit Master
    You would be correct on the "no custom" mold with MP. Accurate Molds is your friend when you want something different. I've had Tom make me variations on molds he has in his catalog and it still only takes a couple weeks at most to get the mold. I guess I have 10 or so from Tom and they are all Aluminum. I also have 10 or so MP Molds and they are all brass.

Molds multiply somehow.

Boolit Grand Master

Accurate’s catalog is amazing!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    Unfortunately, I don’t think MP makes custom molds. At least not under a certain quantity.
    Just commented on the overall quality, not availability. Placed an order for another Accurate mold just last week.

Don
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master
    I have both Accurate and MP molds (in aluminum). I'm impressed with the quality of both manufacturers' products.

As mentioned, Accurate is the one who'll do custom designs. However, for those interested in high volume production, MP produces aluminum molds with up to 8 cavities while Accurate goes up to 5.