WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Load DataInline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: Truck crane build

Truck crane build

Here’s something a little different that I’ve been wrestling with this week. I started out as a small utility trailer that my uncle built 30 years ago. He used a car [not very well aligned] front end so on my first rebuild I replaced it with a junked ‘69 Fury rear end. Pulled a-lot better. Next rebuild was my plate rail build but then I made it back into a trailer. This rebuild uses a HF 1/2 ton truck crane that I plan to use on my property to mainly move pilings for a noise barrier. I shortened the frame, replaced the 5/4 boards with 2x6s, removed the pipe that was its tongue and replaced it with a 4 inch Ibeam, moved the winch from the horizontal boom to the vertical swivel pipe, added a floating pulley that is mounted on a hinged plate so as the boom os raised by the ram the pulley moves. I need to lower the tongue, add a pulley on the front to drag stuff with and cut the corners on my decking. I left the center plank out so I can try to figure out the best location. I’ll take it apart again next week to get the steel blasted so I can prime and paint it.

Boolit Master
    Intrigued... pix?

Having issues with my photos on this forum. As soon as I can correct the problem I’ll post some. Sorry.
    Last edited by Baltimoreed; 11-21-2020 at 09:01 PM.