RepackboxLee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Sold a Trigger Pull Scale and got Nuked by PayPal

I bought a rear sight for my XP 100 last week from ebay, but I dumped Paypal about ten years ago...

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    I've bought gun stuff using paypal with no issues, including bullets, this year. Previous years I used it to buy ammunition.
    As long as they don’t know what it’s for, there’s no way for them to react. Because of their integration with eBay, they have access to the item description, and that’s where the problem started.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by gnostic View Post
    I bought a rear sight for my XP 100 last week from ebay, but I dumped Paypal about ten years ago...
    Yep, eBay isn’t the problem, it’s PayPal. If you’re not using PayPal, what are you using for payment?

Boolit Buddy
    Right there - you included instructions.

Boolit Master

I bought parts from Walther awhile back. I used my paypal cc card. Walther billed is as business supplies.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

You sure ot was Paypal? I get emails all the time that my account has been flagged or suspended, but I can fix it by clicking on the helpful link and answering a few questions. Turns out, it’s usually a guy named Punjab from Pakistan, or someplace, and it’s totally bogus.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Master
    I just bought a Lee Reloading Die from the vendor Shooting Supply on ebay using paypal. I think the problem is something else.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RydForLyf View Post
    As long as they don’t know what it’s for, there’s no way for them to react. Because of their integration with eBay, they have access to the item description, and that’s where the problem started.
    Well, since the bullets, ammunition and stuff were listed on my paypal account I think they knew what they were for. They were not bought through ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by RydForLyf View Post
    Yep, eBay isn’t the problem, it’s PayPal. If you’re not using PayPal, what are you using for payment?
    A credit card, they take Master and Visa cards....

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by crackers View Post
    Right there - you included instructions.
    Damn! I totally missed that! That must be it.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAlofPa. View Post
    I bought parts from Walther awhile back. I used my paypal cc card. Walther billed is as business supplies.
    Unfortunately with eBay, you don’t have an option to be creative.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by scattershot View Post
    You sure ot was Paypal? I get emails all the time that my account has been flagged or suspended, but I can fix it by clicking on the helpful link and answering a few questions. Turns out, it’s usually a guy named Punjab from Pakistan, or someplace, and it’s totally bogus.
    Positive. The email had no links or tricks. I logged onto PayPal and saw it there. I then spent an hour on the phone with PayPal explaining that it is a tool, not a gun part. Very Draconian measures. You’re guilty until you can prove your innocence.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    I just bought a Lee Reloading Die from the vendor Shooting Supply on ebay using paypal. I think the problem is something else.
    The problem is because my description said “trigger”. That set off all the bells and whistles. I’ve been selling a bunch of reloading supplies without problem.

Boolit Master

Ebay and Paypal are nightmarish. I have been a seller there since 2012. I primarily sell tobacco seeds, and they hit me with suspensions and infractions several times a year. Seeds of all kinds are 100% allowed. This doesn't stop them. They have denied every appeal, until last time. I kid you not. I told them I was a transgender person of color and I felt discriminated against. My appeal was approved in 24 hours. Silicon valley man.

I forgot, they suspended my account for 7 days last year for selling a folding Mossberg 500 stock.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I find this really disturbing - I have bought/sold on flebay for years - once they owned PayPal, you had to use it. Lots of "gun" items are listed - bullet molds, gun tools, reloading tools, parts, barrels, the list goes on and on. As a seller - if you have an issue - they are "faceless" - try and talk with an individual to resolve it - been there, done that and you might as well talk to a wall.

A log time ago, they supposedly "banned" the sale of anything related to "grave marking" - i.e such this as GAR, American Legion, VFW "flag holders" used to denote a veteran's grave - they are too easily stolen from graves an resold on their site - YET - I see GAR flag orders listed frequently. In many states, there are laws not he books prohibiting the sale of them but they are ignored.

They seem to have no problem with a person selling gun parts, tools, reloading items, etc. and COLLETING THEIR FEES - not only on the sale, but then through PayPal.

WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND is how they can "freeze" your account for 180 days an NOT allow you access to the funds you have in it. Those funds DO NOT BELONG TO THEM - THEY ARE YOUR MONEY. So, ar they going to pay you interest on the "frozen funds"???? I think not.

This is no different that the crap being pulled by Facebook, Twitter and other left wing advocates.

My suggestion would be to contact your representative in Washington - lay it all out and ask how any financial institution can "freeze" your account without a court order. This is totally wrong and it's about time all of these places had to answer questions as to their operations.

No it’s funny is you’re not supposed to sell bullets wads shells bullets on eBay But in the last two weeks I bought shotgun wads and even some bullets off eBay lol And I use PayPal to pay for it

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanzy4200 View Post
    Ebay and Paypal are nightmarish. I have been a seller there since 2012. I primarily sell tobacco seeds, and they hit me with suspensions and infractions several times a year. Seeds of all kinds are 100% allowed. This doesn't stop them. They have denied every appeal, until last time. I kid you not. I told them I was a transgender person of color and I felt discriminated against. My appeal was approved in 24 hours. Silicon valley man.

I forgot, they suspended my account for 7 days last year for selling a folding Mossberg 500 stock.
    I may try your tactic. Thanks!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    I find this really disturbing - I have bought/sold on flebay for years - once they owned PayPal, you had to use it. Lots of "gun" items are listed - bullet molds, gun tools, reloading tools, parts, barrels, the list goes on and on. As a seller - if you have an issue - they are "faceless" - try and talk with an individual to resolve it - been there, done that and you might as well talk to a wall.

A log time ago, they supposedly "banned" the sale of anything related to "grave marking" - i.e such this as GAR, American Legion, VFW "flag holders" used to denote a veteran's grave - they are too easily stolen from graves an resold on their site - YET - I see GAR flag orders listed frequently. In many states, there are laws not he books prohibiting the sale of them but they are ignored.

They seem to have no problem with a person selling gun parts, tools, reloading items, etc. and COLLETING THEIR FEES - not only on the sale, but then through PayPal.

WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND is how they can "freeze" your account for 180 days an NOT allow you access to the funds you have in it. Those funds DO NOT BELONG TO THEM - THEY ARE YOUR MONEY. So, ar they going to pay you interest on the "frozen funds"???? I think not.

This is no different that the crap being pulled by Facebook, Twitter and other left wing advocates.

My suggestion would be to contact your representative in Washington - lay it all out and ask how any financial institution can "freeze" your account without a court order. This is totally wrong and it's about time all of these places had to answer questions as to their operations.
    Amen,

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Gun View Post
    No it’s funny is you’re not supposed to sell bullets wads shells bullets on eBay But in the last two weeks I bought shotgun wads and even some bullets off eBay lol And I use PayPal to pay for it
    Consider yourself blessed or lucky, your choice.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    The very reason I quit dealing with that silly PayPal thing. MO is the only way to pay for things. If seller does not want a MO, they can keep their garbage.

MO and cert bank checks are FREE at my bank.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast