Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hoarding Strikes Again!!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    I have some sailboat fuel I might be willing to trade for anything. Got an old pipe stretcher and smoke sifter laying around too that I may trade.

Slim
    My sailboat used diesel but it’s cheap and plentiful now.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    I was going to ask are post holes being hoarded too! If so we are in a world if hurt.
    I keep the post holes in the ammo boxes shown in this picture,,

Anyone that can guess how many nails were used in the construction of the frame of this shed I built back in 1999,,
    will get a free one weeks supply of post holes,,

(hint, the shed is 57X45 feet, and 22 feet high.)
    Last edited by SweetMk; 11-21-2020 at 03:08 AM.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    IF . . . and that's a pretty bit IF . . . you find any lube grooves, you'd better snatch them up. I heard the other day that once Biden gets in office, the far left faction wants to put a pretty hefty tax on all lube grooves . . . they don't find them "conducive" to their New Green Deal. Heard they plan the same for anyone buying kanooten valves and left handed pencils.

Boolit Master

Can you mail lube groves?
    I have both kinds, left hand twist, and right hand twist.
    Might be willing to trade, let me think about what I need........

Okay, got the pockets on. A few updates now.
    Still nothing on powder coats on boolits, however it is amazing what does crawl out from under the concrete when a subject such as this is broached.
    A lady from a neighboring "free area" PMed me that the idea of powdering her coat was ridiculous, however, she had found that skiving down muffler belts worked very well for wrapping boolits, with the cravat that the boolits must be 147% pure. She said that she had a horde(?) of such belts, but that I mustn't tell anyone.
    Another, apparently from the same area, said that he used condensed (or was it diluted) sailboat fuel to power his Asperly. He too recommended the soon to be hoarded "baked beans" as the best type.
    And, again speaking of the Asperly Aimless, the "Gentleman's Kitchen Model" is NOT a version of the "Garden Gun" (really?). The "Garden Gun" is used while shooting IN a garden. The "Gentleman's Kitchen Model" is for shooting INTO a kitchen. I do have the "thermal+low-light heads-up display scope" on my Tacticool. Curious how you came to know about this supposedly secret (and now, soon to be hoarded) scope. I suggest you watch your back!
    And, the old "how many nails" question. A trick question I suspect. Around here, we don't use nails to construct a construction of that sort. We use straight fluted knuckle screws. Additionally, you sly dog, we don't store post holes in ammo boxes. We store ammo in post holes.
    Well, enough of this cabin fever madness. I'm off to go hunting with my wife and her brand new pink camo Savage 110 in .308 Win. And no, there won't be any pictures. Her rules, not mine.
    AKA "Old Vic"
    "I am a great believer in powder-burning".
    --Theodore Roosevelt, Hunting Trips of a Ranchman

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Go home, Cast Boolits, you're drunk!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Sorry I just have a couple boxes of chem light batteries left.

And I'm only down to 1 box of grid squares.

However I did see a sale at the local part store on muffler ball bearings.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I found some cheap, small caliber, after-market lube grooves several years ago, but they've lost their elasticity over time and slip right back off. I'd part with a few but you'd be disappointed, they're getting so brittle I'd be afraid they would shatter if I put them in the mail. You'd end up with just the foam pellets I'd use for packaging after the grooves deflate, or whatever they do. I can still use mine with my 54 cal muzzleloader, they work, but you have to glue them in place.

I've learned my lesson about trying to save a few bucks.

Regarding the post holes, they are always in short supply. I can't figger that one out. Post hole manufacturing is the only employment opportunity around here with openings starting at the top.

Boolit Master
    Wife drug me to an estate sale yesterday , while she was going through the sewing stuff I wandered out to an old shed in the back of the yard. Found a whole stack of post holes and three 5 gal buckets of lube grooves. chased down the person running the sale asked what they wanted for the whole mess? got the whole thing for 5 dollars. found out she also had 100 rds. of brass for my 30 lightspeed got that for no cost just haul it off. not going to give up on estate sales for now.

Boolit Man

I got a batch, but they were defective – only 6” deep. Tell me who would ship out post holes that are just 6” deep? I will ship you all I have if you can use them.
    Link to leave feedback for me.

Will Rogers 1879 - 1935:
    The problem ain't what people know. It's what people know that ain't so that's the problem.
    Everybody is ignorant. Only on different subjects.
    There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by readin’. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Boolit Grand Master

I ran across a large quantity on the GSA Auction site and the price was very good but I had no idea what I was going to do with 100,000 or how to transport them so passed.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    I have a gross of lube grooves and will only trade for a large package of TP and a gallon of prop wash.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Three44s View Post
    I have a gross of lube grooves and will only trade for a large package of TP and a gallon of prop wash.

Three44s

I have TWO underground storage vaults of slightly used TP and can manufacture some prop wash - how many lube grooves can I get for that?
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master
    I bought several cases of bolt holes (standard and metric!) at an estate sale. All I do now is find a size that's close enough and cut them to length.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Anyone have a box of extra fine muzzle blast?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boolit Man

I have 1760 yards of surplus flight line in good condition, 3 left-handed adjustable metric wrenches, and a bucket of steam. I will trade for tubs of elbow grease.
    Link to leave feedback for me.

Will Rogers 1879 - 1935:
    The problem ain't what people know. It's what people know that ain't so that's the problem.
    Everybody is ignorant. Only on different subjects.
    There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by readin’. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Boolit Master
    I use elbow grease as a base for boolit lube, but it also works great as a flux.

I used to add sawdust too, mostly knotty pine. Hard to find now: all I can get is not pine with not holes.

Boolit Master

"Just located NOS 100 pound sack of feathers for machine gun nest"! Genuine dodo feathers!

Boolit Master
    I read somewhere that sperving couplers would work in the place of lube groves. Last time I went to town they had cases of them.
    If you sewed your primer pockets ON your powder coat you did it wrong. They go inside.
    Now if I can figure out where I left my disgrawnifier.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast