Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Load DataReloading EverythingInline FabricationLee Precision
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buck surrendered

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.

Buck surrendered

file:///home/rick/Pictures/2020-11/IMG_0102.JPG

I don't know it the picture will work or not. Try cut an paste. Anyway, I had one surrender yesterday.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Can't open file.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Not sure why I can't get this to load. I'll try another just for a test. Nope, guess not.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Buddy

Aw heck. What did he surrender to? Some deer don't take to kindly to having big chunks of lead thrown at them. Ive been out the last couples of days with my Ruger Redhawk 44 mag and 5 big NOE 265 grain RF's in the cylinders and. Can't find a buck that wants to play. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Kylongrifle32 View Post
    Aw heck. What did he surrender to? Some deer don't take to kindly to having big chunks of lead thrown at them. Ive been out the last couples of days with my Ruger Redhawk 44 mag and 5 big NOE 265 grain RF's in the cylinders and. Can't find a buck that wants to play. LOL!
    Well, I used my Trapdoor Springfield sporting rifle.

I just tried cut and paste on the link in the first post and it worked for me.

file:///home/rick/Pictures/2020-11/IMG_0102.JPG
    Last edited by waksupi; 11-19-2020 at 04:05 PM.

USMC 77, USRA 79

it worked for you, cuz the picture is located on your computer..... that why others cant see it
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master

if he surrendered, why shoot him?

was he a spy?

p.s. you can try:

in your reply, click upload file.
    then, make sure you click the 'browse' selection.
    then navigate to the location on your computer where your picture is.
    click it (the picture).

then click 'upload file' (just under the spot you clicked for browse).

that should insert your photo.

good luck and good eatin'!
    WebMonkey
    Retired 19D
    Psalm 91:9
    Honda 919

Okay, taking another poke at it. This is the first I've had problems posting a picture.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...ClH29f10NLzF-O

Boolit Grand Master
    got it
    nice buck
    take no prisoners
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master

Nice buck.
    Not much tracking snow on that side of the mountain is there?

Boolit Master
    Using a rifle such as that you now have to surrender the play by play of the hunt, including your load.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherO View Post
    Using a rifle such as that you now have to surrender the play by play of the hunt, including your load.
    Short version. I looked out the window. There was the buck. I shot him. He rolled down the hillside within about 40 yards of the meat pole. I'm too crippled up to go out and chase them, and that was plenty far to move him.

Three years in a row, all shot within twenty yards of each other. I have some real well used travel corridors on the property.

I used my Trapdoor Sporter, as I figured it probably hadn't killed anything in a hundred years.
    .45-70, .405 Gov. bullet, case full of WC860 over 5 gr. of kicker.

Nope, we've had snow a few times, but it keeps going away so far.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for sharing, fine buck, dang nice rifle and I like your hat. Would like to see some more pics of the rifle.

Just plain cool all the way around.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by koger View Post
    Thanks for sharing, fine buck, dang nice rifle and I like your hat. Would like to see some more pics of the rifle.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-rebirth/page2

Way cool.

I think I like that much better than that ridiculous 'harvesting' term that insults your intelligence.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Nice buck , nice rifle , and I like the hat , thank you for sharing .

Quote Originally Posted by FLINTNFIRE View Post
    Nice buck , nice rifle , and I like the hat , thank you for sharing .
    It was an ordeal getting the hat! I ordered it in February, lock down came around, and couldn't pick it up until late May! 100% beaver, best I've ever owned. I've had cars I paid less for! A trivia point, the guy who built is is a descendant of Bill Sublette, and he has a lot of stories about old Bill, and family records from the fur trade.

Nice one Ric. Surprised you didn't use one of your flintlocks. At least it was close to the house.

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2152.jpg1.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	271773

Ditto.

.54 custom Hawken. RB, Beeswax/tallow lube. Thru the heart.

Don

PS: Ok, not a buck. Your rifle is definitely sweet...
    Last edited by Nazgul; 11-20-2020 at 08:03 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast