Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Repackbox

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Thursday, Nov. 19

For Thought and Meditation - Thursday, Nov. 19

Good morning all. This is going to be a busy couple of days. Keep your hearts and thoughts open to His word. Have a safe and blessed day.

Thursday, November 19, 2020 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    A Change of Heart

“He saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit.”
    —Titus 3:5

In Paul’s day, the religious Jews were turning to legalism. They thought because they practiced such things as circumcision, they were right with God. Now, God had commanded circumcision for Jewish males, so it was an important rite.

But the apostle Paul called them out when he said, “In fact, uncircumcised Gentiles who keep God’s law will condemn you Jews who are circumcised and possess God’s law but don’t obey it” (Romans 2:27 NLT).

The “uncircumcised Gentiles” Paul referred to were essentially nonbelievers who came to faith in Christ. Paul was saying, “If they’re doing what the Word of God says, then they’re better off than you who have been circumcised and aren’t doing what God’s Word says.”

In other words, doing outward things won’t save us.

Paul went on to say, “No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God. And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather, it is a change of heart produced by the Spirit. And a person with a changed heart seeks praise from God, not from people” (Romans 2:29 NLT).

In our day we might say, “I was baptized” or “I was raised in the church” or “My parents are Christians.” I’m glad to hear that. And I’m glad your parents are Christians. But those things don’t make you a Christian.

In fact, Jesus criticized the Pharisees for publicly doing spiritual things so they would receive applause from other people.

It’s never about the things we do that make us right with God. Rather, it’s about what God has done for us. God sent His Son to die on the cross in our place and make us acceptable to Him, not through what we’ve done, but through what Christ did for us.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master
    Amen, great post we have to keep our faith focused on Jesus and what he has done for us.

Boolit Master

Amen, Christ paid it all in my place!

Amen, and thanks for posting.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.