RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
Inline FabricationRepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Brush Gun at Moving Target

Brush Gun at Moving Target

I've broke out my moving target in preparation for deer season. Yesterday I was shooting the target trigger, but with the component shortage, I figured I better make a different trigger.

Yesterday I was aiming a bit less forward than I was today, and was hitting a bit on the rear of the 13 inch opening. today I aimed about 6 inches in front of the tire.

I'll practice this, and stationary targets until deer season, which is 11 days away!

This is my brush gun, a short, light, quick handling rifle; for when I walk around the woods kicking up deer bedded down in thick brush. When I am still hunting and whatnot, I'll use the CVA 45-70; it is much more precise, and packs a more of a punch!

Looks like fun, you should be ready for deer season.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    Looks like fun, you should be ready for deer season.

Slim
    It is fun! Very satisfying when I hear that hit!

Boolit Master
    I've done that in years past with my traditional muzzleloader. It is a good, fun way to practice hitting moving targets. The two tires together is much better than the one I employed. Have a successful der season.

Boolit Buddy
    Interesting that is. We don’t have hills to pursue such things here in Floriduh. We generally don’t get to shoot that far either. Lead a walking buck about 1/2” and you’re good.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherO View Post
    I've done that in years past with my traditional muzzleloader. It is a good, fun way to practice hitting moving targets. The two tires together is much better than the one I employed. Have a successful der season.
    I used to use one tire with cardboard instead of the steel, but I had to use 2 tires when I got the steel, to keep the tire rolling straight.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    Interesting that is. We don’t have hills to pursue such things here in Floriduh. We generally don’t get to shoot that far either. Lead a walking buck about 1/2” and you’re good.
    I also use a pendulum for 300 yards; that would work well for the flat terrain too.
    Thanks!