Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad Data
RepackboxSnyders JerkyWidenersInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's the TP status in your town?

Quote Originally Posted by memtb View Post
    Sooooooo many people are clueless that they “can” live without tp. Is washing “soiled” cloth my first choice,
    These modern day people are so soft.

The ancient Romans didn't even have a Sears catalog. They got by with a (communal) sea sponge on a stick.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Local Volmart is the first one north of Mexico, TP long gone.
    What got our attention was when Frys last week
    ran out of milk eggs and bread. All stocked up now,
    but Volmart paper isle is still bare shelves.
    Was a joke going around last March
    not funny; I was there:
    Frys opened at 6AM for seniors only
    at dawn we were all lined up, masked;
    this kid cut to the front of the line
    got beat back to the parking lot
    by mean little old ladies swinging canes.
    Kid came back got another whacking
    and he says
    Hey! I've got the key! Stop it!

And we voted for this?

Quote Originally Posted by .429&H110 View Post
    this kid cut to the front of the line got beat back to the parking lot
    by mean little old ladies swinging canes. Kid came back got another whacking
    and he says Hey! I've got the key! Stop it!
    Little old ladies are tough.
    One of the first things I tell the refugees coming down from those unexplored regions of 'Not Texas" is to be nice to them.

I tell 'em, "If you're not careful, they'll slap some manners into your ***, just like they did ours".

EVERYONE!

Not too long ago as cases started to build the media was noting that there was increased "stocking up" of TP going on. As well as some other items. In our house we keep a bulk pack "in reserve to be replaced when opened. I checked the situation as soon as I heard the first news story we were due a pack, I bought a bigger one than usual.

Because I knew as soon as national news and local news start carrying a story about possible shortage that triggers the rush to stock up and that will clean the shelves out creating a shortage for sure. Once that happens any that appears will be snapped up due to scarcity creating value.

Early in Covid cases when they first said "cases in meat packing plants may be a problem" I went out and made sure to top off the freezer. I try to keep it full but in normal times it can get down a fair amount before getting restocked.

I used to do the same with ammo, make a shopping list of what I was getting low enough on to buy more of. Then every so often restock in bulk. Learned my lesson. Was planning to go to gun show to re-stock what I had used over the last year or so the weekend AFTER Sandy Hook shooting took place. Of course nothing was available. I like pork chops, and bacon. Chicken and the occasional beef stew or roast. So I try to avoid finding myself in the same position on food as I did on commercial ammo because that was a long lean time for ammo or reloading components.

Basics are important but it surprises me how the masses will hammer the same stuff but sort of ignore other things that are equally important or good alternatives. Not that many for toilet paper but for food? Or smokeless powder? Lot of times there are viable alternatives that don't get the pressure. I found fryer quarters when all the packages of chicken drumsticks, thighs, and breasts were gone. I guess it didn't look like chicken to some folks

Heck those microfiber clothes or cloth diapers would make totally viable tushy wipes, if you had kids there is a good chance you know how to handle that. Just be sure you do NOT flush the wipes if you use those.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    saying something is going to be a shortage will cause it to become a shortage right now.

Tim
    Yeah that was my point earlier. We need to cause panic buying of things normal people like members here do not want around.

Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    We have a lot of cloth rags or things that can be turned into cloth rags. Note to all of you considering this they will be easier to deal with if you spray off your dirty parts before you wipe. It is not hard to put a spray nozzle on your toilet the water line is already there. Same deal with rinsing the nappies. The spray nozzle is handy. It can be as simple as the one many of us have on the kitchen sink.

Tim
    Tim, We’re on a water well, our water temperatures run around 55 F......a shot of that on your “tush” would really make you pucker up! 🥶 memtb

Boolit Buddy
    Status of TP in our town... Wiped out.
    NRA Life 1992
    My avatar is almost a dead ringer for my little buddy Chico. Six pounds of mean that thought he was a Pit Bull. Miss that little guy.

Boolit Master
    I just returned from my local Safeway. They were completely stocked on everything. I didn’t want to get caught with my pants down, so I bought a 12 pack of TP.

Just got back from our local grocery store.
    All the good stuff like Charmin is gone,
    but they had plenty of the 'el-cheapo' made out of old cardboard boxes and saw mill wood chips & splinters.

I'd rather do the 'forklift' on the carpet than use that stuff.

EVERYONE!

Boolit Master

There is zero TP or paper towels or yeast for sale in my town! There is no gasoline or diesel nor heating oil for sale.

Then again there are no more stores or gas stations or oil companies in the town.

The greenies voted on zoning for no gas stations or oil tanks for sale.

The 2 mom pop stores closed 15 years ago and have failed every startup ones since.

When I moved in 35 years ago it was fully Republican , now it is over whelming Demo/Communist do to the influx of retirees from the Commie state of NY,MA,CT and the brainwashing of our young.

Wife and I escaped MA 35 years ago as there we were the minority [Republican/conservitive] we embraced the conservatives here in NH and blended. Those that followed contaminated the town and county.

We understand why Bob Smith our Senator went independent in his bid for President as he said "I did not leave the Republican party, it left ME!"
    Last edited by Geezer in NH; 11-21-2020 at 03:19 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Very little at Walmart here. We picked up two more packs. I think we have enough for 6-9 months unless we need to help out neighbors.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    Just got back from our local grocery store.
    All the good stuff like Charmin is gone,
    but they had plenty of the 'el-cheapo' made out of old cardboard boxes and saw mill wood chips & splinters.

I'd rather do the 'forklift' on the carpet than use that stuff.
    Hmmm. I only buy the stuff that is "made out of old cardboard boxes and saw mill wood chips & splinters" unless there is none to be had.

Banned
    What's the TP status in your town?

Pretty much the same as everything else. You apply for a permit and prove you have need. Pay a bunch of non-refundable fees up front, stand in lines and wait for some bureaucrat to tell you to stand in a different line. Submit to a background check. Present three forms of identification and pay for the toilet paper. Then the seller holds the toilet paper for a 10 day waiting period before you can pick it up, unless it is one of those high capacity rolls, in which case there's a 30 day waiting period. All reasonable, common sense regulations for our own safety and the common good.

Boolit Master
    Aw shucks the powers in the Dem party are just getting us used to long lines and short supply, after they get in control.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Man

Paper products, bleach and Coke were wiped out at one of the stores here, but there is lots of food.

[QUOTE=Petrol & Powder;5037488]What's the TP status in your town?

Pretty much the same as everything else. You apply for a permit and prove you have need. Pay a bunch of non-refundable fees up front, stand in lines and wait for some bureaucrat to tell you to stand in a different line. Submit to a background check. Present three forms of identification and pay for the toilet paper. Then the seller holds the toilet paper for a 10 day waiting period before you can pick it up, unless it is one of those high capacity rolls, in which case there's a 30 day waiting period. All reasonable, common sense regulations for our own safety and the common good.

It’s part of the re education......learned from the ChiComs! memtb
    Last edited by memtb; 11-20-2020 at 09:45 PM.

Boolit Master

"Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    I honestly wish the supply of TP would just dry up and teach people a lesson. They would learn in a hurry it’s not the end of world to rinse a rag then run it through the washing machine. It wasn’t that long ago all moms used cotton diapers on her kids and stored the dirty diapers in a diaper pail until it was full then it was time to fill the washer.
    I probably have enough old clothes laying around that I could cut them up and use them then toss in the trash.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master

People standing in line to get in at Costco for TP and paper towels, shelves mostly bare.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by snowwolfe View Post
    I honestly wish the supply of TP would just dry up and teach people a lesson. They would learn in a hurry it’s not the end of world to rinse a rag then run it through the washing machine. It wasn’t that long ago all moms used cotton diapers on her kids and stored the dirty diapers in a diaper pail until it was full then it was time to fill the washer.
    I probably have enough old clothes laying around that I could cut them up and use them then toss in the trash.
    Wife said the same thing. Harbor Freight has plenty of shop rags in stock.

Plenty of TP but paper towels are disappearing. Luckily, we have several months on hand of either at all times. Since its November our freezers are full, shelves are full of canned vegetables and spaghetti sauce so enough till next summer when the garden goes in again. Plenty rice, dried beans, mashed potatoes etc too.

Better to be prepared at all times much like most on this sight with lead but that's how I was raised. Fish year round, hunt fall and winter, can the garden, pick Apple's and berries and so on. When your raised by grandparents that lived through the depression looking at lines of people that are dependent on government handouts is rather strange and people lined up to buy food because they eat out 6 days a week is weird
    Last edited by jonp; 11-21-2020 at 12:28 PM.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast