MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
Reloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's the TP status in your town?

Boolit Master

What's the TP status in your town?

Back in April, I was stunned to hear that there was a TP shortage happening across the country. I was down to a few rolls, and being a bachelor, it was low on my list of priorities. But I heard the rumors on a couple of gun forums and was able to secure an extra bulk pack before it all disappeared.

My new practice is to have at least one bulk pack in reserve, which is about 6 months of usage for me and my part-time girlfriend.

Then a couple of days ago, I started seeing posts on a gun forum that due to the latest increase in COVID-1984 cases and subsequent lockdowns on the Left Coast, that TP was again disappearing.

Unbelievable!

I checked my stash and had half a bulk pack and one in reserve. Okay, good. Surely the madness hadn't reached my area, some 300 miles from the Left Coast, yet.

I headed into town yesterday for my weekly supply run and my girlfriend texted me and said the Walmart in the town she works in was wiped out. She told me to grab some in the Idaho town I go to.

I stopped by the Walmart in Idaho and found this...

Attachment 271641

The TP and paper towels were again, completely gone.

Luckily, I stopped by a grocery chain store and secured another bulk pack before I left town, so I'm good for about a year.

Has anyone else noticed if the TP is gone from their local shelves? It disappeared in a matter of days around here.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

Well the king has declared another major catastrophe and I am glad that when safeway had the good stuff in during the lull in storm i bought 5 packs as i have a house full between my parents living upstairs and a older daughter and her husband and child and my 3 young children in my house , this insanity of decrees needs to end , this is the most insane I have ever seen in my life . Pandemic my *** , life has been going on for centuries before and this is nothing , live life like it is meant to be lived and stop being scared of living people or you are not living , if you are afraid , fine , be afraid , I am not living in fear , for when it is my time it will be my time and I have not bowed my knee to no pansy *** liberal and I will refuse to bow to anyone except the Lord Jesus and his Father .

I knew when the store had limit signs out again for the first time since spring we were in for another run. When people see the limit signs they buy extra. I have a wife a four kids at home so...

Boolit Master
    The supply of TP is kind of crappy.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

It's panic buying at Wally World again around here every other little grocery store has plenty on the shelves . I'll pay that extra buck a pack just so I don't have to deal with that store ! Hate that place ......
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Buddy
    My local grocery store was completely stocked. My family's biggest vice is Lysol wipes but with three kids and a cat I guess that's normal.
    Cargo

Boolit Master

Long time friends daughter is high up in management of major East coast grocery chain. Received an email from her back in September saying another “ run” on TP and paper towels would most likely happen. BIG question is how did they know before hand??????
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 10-x View Post
    Long time friends daughter is high up in management of major East coast grocery chain. Received an email from her back in September saying another “ run” on TP and paper towels would most likely happen. BIG question is how did they know before hand??????
    Purchase trends automatically sent as it's bought at the store. One of the benefits of scanning merchandise is real time inventory and recognizing upticks in items so each store can carry the needed volume
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Banned
    hopefully the hoarders are buying condoms as well because they sure don't need to bread

Boolit Buddy
    Live in a town of about 50k in central KS that is a shopping hub. I rarely go into stored but was getting supplies for a hunting trip. Stopped at Sam's and asked my wife how she was on TP, she grew up way out in the sticks and learned to plan ahead - said she was good but she wanted to see what they had anyway. Totally gone, this was a Saturday and noticed it at some other places.

You are going to see a lot more of this I am afraid.

Boolit Master
    It isn’t just paper goods and bleach. Our grocery stores have a lot of empty shelf space in a lot of categories, from canned goods to frozen pizza.

They’re starting to resemble those GUM Stores we used to hear about in the Soviet Union—modern aisles, lighting, layout and carts, but only a few rutabagas in the vegetable bins and empty shelves from periodic shortages of products that the Party commissars couldn’t provide. Except to themselves, of course.

They’re foisting the living conditions of the Third World upon us, whether we like it or not. And they’ll string this out until the next sniffle season, whereupon there will be another seasonal cold or flu that they must “protect” us from.

Boolit Buddy
    All papergoods are gone in my area. Unbelievable.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    My wife reported that two of the stores she was in on Monday when she likes to do the grocery shopping, both had bare shelves. Same with some other items that were short earlier this year.

Let's see . . . . . we have a secluded hermit who somehow claims to have won the election - he talks about us all having a hard time this winter with the Covid - so we suddenly have shortages again. My guess the TP shortage is due to "Naughty Nancy" and her cronies diverting it all to Washington since that is the main center where most folks are "full of it".

I guess it's time to have another semi load of corncobs dumped in the driveway to use since the hoarders are at it again?

Boolit Master

bedbug, man you are so right. The dc swamp is not like normal one caused by water, dc swamp is caused by———— fill in the blank, lol.
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Boolit Buddy
    I was at a Sams club on Sunday and I see this big long line of shoppers in the store. I ask what is going on. I was told that TP was about to be unloaded from the truck. When if was brought out it was an orderly dash to pick it up. The two pallets lasted about as long as I did with my first sexual experience with a real woman.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    That is why we always keep at least TWO 48 roll packages of Charmin from Costco in storage!

Boolit Grand Master
    Had a decent amount of Angel Soft at our wally world today, but that was it. Some paper towels. Bread isle half empty, milk supply was low. Heck, canned cat food was dwindling.

We don’t go to town very often.....I’ll look when we go! 90+ miles to Walmart.....may be a while before we know the status there! memtb

Boolit Master
    I order my groceries so I rarely go to the store but my daughter reports on her visits to the grocery store.
    We get all our paper products - towels, TP and paper plates from a Super HEB in an affluent yuppie neighborhood. During her last trip she saw almost no paper products of any kind. Even the paper plates were wiped out.
    EDG

Boolit Master
    saying something is going to be a shortage will cause it to become a shortage right now.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast