Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackbox
Load DataReloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: 5 gallon bucket ww

Boolit Buddy

5 gallon bucket ww

I have found someone willing to sell me ww this is the same guy who works on my cars dont want to do him wrong him in any, i would like to know what is the going price of a 5 gallon bucket of ww going for
    thanks for the help
    rrh

What I pay

....is a case of Harpoon IPA, about $25, per 2 buckets. But I am lucky. The going rate as I understand it is somewhere between $25 and $30 per bucket.

Boolit Master at Heavens Range Bob Krack's Avatar
    Ohio for a while Kalifornia then who knows where - Missouri?
    From all I have seen and all I have read, could be anywhere from "free" to maybe even as much as $50-60 per (full) 5 gallon bucket.

Seems to me the consensus is around $25.00 per bucket.

Seems to me, a better offer would be some refreshments, some food, some cast boolits(?), or a contribution to the supplier's xmas party fund? (or offer to take the guy shooting with ya?)

Bob
    I was always taught to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any!

Μολὼν λαβέ; approximate Classical Greek pronunciation [molɔ̀ːn labé], Modern Greek [moˈlon laˈve]), meaning "Come and take them" is a classical expression of defiance reportedly by King Leonidas in response to the Persian army's demand that the Spartans surrender their weapons at the Battle of Thermopylae.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Krack View Post
    From all I have seen and all I have read, could be anywhere from "free" to maybe even as much as $50-60 per (full) 5 gallon bucket.

Seems to me the consensus is around $25.00 per bucket.

Seems to me, a better offer would be some refreshments, some food, some cast boolits(?), or a contribution to the supplier's xmas party fund? (or offer to take the guy shooting with ya?)

Bob
    Definately do not take him shooting or invite him to a casting session. You'll just get him hooked on either, and then that's the end of your ww-supply, he he

Boolit Buddy
    I purchased tires for the wifes truck and picked it up tonight after work. Kelly told me it would ride different and it did. When I got home I found 2 FULL buckets of WW's in the back. so for me it was $325 for each bucket each. Gona leave a 6 pack in his truck next week.

Normally around here it's $30 or so.

with the current drop in scrap lead price, Places that were charging me 15 bucks a bucket are now giving them to me
    TexRebel

"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one."
    Alexander Hamilton

Boolit Buddy
    thanks for the replies i am sure we can do a fair deal.
    Last edited by redriverhunter; 12-11-2008 at 11:55 PM.

Try showing up at quitting time with a 12 pack in a 5-gallon bucket of ice. More than likely they'll let you take the bucket of WW at no charge.
    Keep moving forward!

I paid $15.00 a couple of weeks ago, guy said $20.00 was his normal price.

Boolit Bub
    Mine does a box of Bud Lights.

Boolit Bub
    Mine just wants a little 45acp ammo.

Lucky me,I have 2 tire shops that give me all of theirs.I get around 2- 5 gallon buckets a week give to me.I get more wheelweights than I can stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Castnshoot View Post
    Mine does a box of Bud Lights.
    Dozen Corona last Saturday for me which is about 25 of our 'South Pacific Pesos'.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by LqChrome View Post
    Mine just wants a little 45acp ammo.
    I assume that you mean reloads....

My guy would never say (reloaded) ammo in any particular quantity. All that he would say is I could use some ammo to shoot.

I figured that I would give him 100 rounds. The more that I thought about it, the more concerned I got about giving him my reloads (liability wise). I couldn't get it out of my head...

Finally, I went to the local mart store and purchased a 200 pack and gave them to him.

I rest my case.... (sleep better too).
    Sprue ™

Boolit Buddy
    Today, I just got 200 lbs of WW from a local scrap dealer. 15 cents a pound. Then I went to a junk yard nearby and got another 90 lbs for $10. Then went to a tire dealer, the back country store kind, and got another 150 lbs for 10 bucks. The scrap dealer still has another 1500 lbs or so to sell. They have a big pile of scrap lead, including pipe, but I don't know what I can use out of that pile.

All total 440 lbs of wheelweights for 50 bucks and 3 hours of running. Not too shabby.

Shows the prices are all over the place.

Bion Rogers
    New guy, but still middle aged.

Boolit Bub
    We are hoping that this is not a one time thing, but the factory ammo is a good idea .How much does 200 rds. cost?WE have only bought componets for the last several years and have just started casting. As soon as we get a lubisizer (star of course) we won"t be buying any more boolits. we thought that they were too cheep to make untill local shops started charging $41.00 plus tax(9.75%)per 500 !! After the star, we"ll have to get molds and tooling for 9mm,38/357,45acp,45colt,and 454 Casull. we already have 44spec,44mag molds and have cast a few boolits, whitch brings up the question, does it hurt to cast now lubisize later?

Boolit Master
    You know you guys talk about the prices of lead going down. To be honest I haven't seen it. If anything I found it harder and harder to get lead. And when I do its get more and more expensive. Up to about $50 a bucket right now.

Boolit Buddy
    jdgabbard I know what you mean, I used to get a bucket of WW for $15-20. Nobody is selling any more but 1 tire shop and last week they told me they had to stop. The salvage's are asking .40 to $1 a lb. when they have some.

I pay $20 for a bucket full.I go to the used tire shops.They get there tires from the auto yards who sell them tire & wheel.Then the vender removes the tire and cleans them up.While having one of mine replaced,A fellow came in with a pickup full he said he gets them from a crusher operation and resells them.

Boolit Man
    I just picked up 1 3/4 buckets today for $20. Sure feels like a lifetime supply in a bucket, but I have a feeling it won't work out quite like that!