Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Wideners Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Standing coated bullets up for baking

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    I have not done back to back testing (but I will soon).

When I started casting for my .308 I got the Lee 180gn mold. Cast and conventional lube (pan lube, Ben's Red). Hundreds of rounds of ladder testing and shooting for groups. Then I started powder coating. Hundreds of rounds using same loads resulted in about the same group sizes. That's why I went to PC.

Now I have fired two other bullet shapes through the same rifle, powder coated, and have quite a history of groups and loads. During the next month or two I will be pan lubing some of the current bullets and shooting pan lube and PC with same loads and comparing accuracy and velocities.
    Looking forward to seeing your data I'd like to see how accurate the loads can be at distances.

Banned
    Bent a wire grid, use 45 acp brass as spacers/support for height, wired the grid tightly to a pan (so the grid doesn't shift) with a non-stick bbq mat on it. The small pile of PC (in the bottom left) is where I tap the boolit base to remove excess PC (I already ran thises through my DIY sifter to remove excess PC and the Polly pellets which are interchangeable with airsoft BB's)

2 $1 bowls from dollar tree

layout grid

9/32 drill bit

drill holes and sand smooth

stack the containers and sift bb's (and PC)

BB's (and PC) cought in the second container
    Last edited by Conditor22; 12-04-2020 at 12:56 PM. Reason: spelling :(

Quote Originally Posted by gnappi View Post
    I'd love to use silicone ice trays, but as yet I have not seen one with holes large enough for .40's and .45's (say .5" square or round) that hold more than 24 bullets or so.
    gnappi, this is what I purchased from Amazon. With this information, you could go to Amazon and have a “look see”! Good Luck! memtb

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markmars View Post
    Looking forward to seeing your data I'd like to see how accurate the loads can be at distances.
    My testing will be at 200yd, like all my shooting for groups. The PC bullets are consistently 1.5MOA for 10 round groups at 200yd. I have found a few loads that will go to MOA on a regular basis (but not all the time) out to 300yd. My earlier shooting with lubed Lee bullets shows the same level of accuracy.

I just want to 'test' my current favorite bullet, the Accurate 31-210E (Eagan copy) with lube instead of PC.

I also want to test the difference between bullets that are baked standing vs laying on their side.

Once the range opens back up again I can get going on some of this.

Quote Originally Posted by memtb View Post
    gnappi, this is what I purchased from Amazon. With this information, you could go to Amazon and have a “look see”! Good Luck! memtb

Thanks, I just got four of those trays this morning. The .45' fit nice but I stuffed some silicone washers in to bring the bullet higher.
    Regards,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gnappi View Post
    Thanks, I just got four of those trays this morning. The .45' fit nice but I stuffed some silicone washers in to bring the bullet higher.

Silicon washers.......darn good idea! OK, now my question.....where do I get silicon washers? memtb

Quote Originally Posted by Conditor22 View Post

2 $1 bowls from dollar tree

layout grid

9/32 drill bit

drill holes and sand smooth

stack the containers and sift bb's (and PC)

BB's (and PC) cought in the second container
    Love the sifter idea, I'm going to steal that.

Banned
    that's what they're posted here for. on CB everyone can learn from everyone else.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123