RotoMetals2WidenersInline FabricationRepackbox
Snyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: WTS-22 Cooper Brass and Dies for Sale

WTS-22 Cooper Brass and Dies for Sale

I have about 500 cases for the .22 Cooper Centerfire Magnum, along with a set of RCBS dies, including a press shellholder and a Lee Autoprime shellholder. I would like to get $500 for the whole works. I pay shipping.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cooperbrass.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	271535Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cooperdies.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	271536

Bump up for a good deal. To replace that it would cost you $1500 these days.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

3. 11-16-2020, 09:35 AM
    Reason
    Discussion

Bump! I know this is exotic stuff, but there must be some of those rechambered Contender .22 WMR barrels floating around out there just crying to be trotted out.

Boolit Master
    Can you tell us a little more about the brass? is it cooper headstamp? drawn, lathe turned? reformed from hornet?
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

I do not know the history of the brass, and the guy I bought it from doesn't remember where he got it. He was a silhouette shooter back in the eighties and nineties, and I'm guessing he bought it from another silhouetter at the time NRA outlawed reloading the .22 WMR for Hunter Pistol. Since he doesn't remember it, I doubt if he ever got around to setting up a barrel for it.

The ones I have examined do not have a headstamp, and don't show signs of being lathe turned. But I have over 500 of them, and haven't looked at every one. The surface appearance of the ones I have looked at seem pretty much like an ordinary drawn case.

This is also the "Velo Dog" cartridge that caused the NRA to specify a minimum of .32 caliber for the "Any Centerfire" bullseye category after Charles Askins won the 1936 national pistol championship with a Colt Woodsman converted to centerfire to handle it. There was an extensive thread on here back in '07 and '08 about the cartridge. One contributor mentioned having seen cases with the headstamp "REM-UMC VD".

Bump. I will take $400 for the brass and dies, and pay shipping.

This is also the 1880s Maynard cartridge called the .22 extra long centerfire. The original brass used a smaller primer than the standard small primer available now, according to COTW. My brass has standard small primer pockets.

Frosted Boolits

Pm sent
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Because of several inquiries, I looked more carefully at the brass...all 550+ of them. I found a few loaded rounds, a few with live primers, and one with a bottleneck! It was also the only one I found with a headstamp. It was stamped 17 ccm. These cases are like peas in a pod, with a very consistent finish. The only machine marks in evidence are in the primer pockets. They appear to be drilled and chamfered very uniformly. I am no expert on cartridge manufacture, but this appears to be very high quality brass. I will try to post a picture. A .22 hornet is included for comparison.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22Cooper.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	273017  

The 22 Cooper brass and dies are sold pending funds. Thank you for your interest.