Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Load Data

Thread: Longshot and 10mm

Boolit Bub

Longshot and 10mm

hi i dont know if this is the subforum for this question, i am starting to reload 10mm with boolit lee-401-175-tl and longshot powder, can anyone offer me some loading data?

Boolit Master

Hodgen has data on their web site.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Bub
    It is a good advice to buy manuals, but I am from Argentina and here you do not get many manuals and the ones you get are unfortunately quite expensive for me since we have an exchange rate of 1 dollar = 170 Argentine pesos. Having said this, I decided to consult people like you who have everything at hand thinking that I could have a reasonable answer. If I could, I would have all the possible manuals, but now I only have what is published in forums in your country, which for other calibers that I charge were of great help. The weapon that I am going to use for that combination of boolit and powder is a glock 20 cannon from factory

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ballester molina View Post
    It is a good advice to buy manuals, but I am from Argentina and here you do not get many manuals and the ones you get are unfortunately quite expensive for me since we have an exchange rate of 1 dollar = 170 Argentine pesos. Having said this, I decided to consult people like you who have everything at hand thinking that I could have a reasonable answer. If I could, I would have all the possible manuals, but now I only have what is published in forums in your country, which for other calibers that I charge were of great help. The weapon that I am going to use for that combination of boolit and powder is a glock 20 cannon from factory
    Sorry, was not aware you are from outside the US.

Too many newbies here refuse to buy manuals and it gets tiresome answering the same questions they would know the answers to if they had manuals..

You could come an arrangement w/ someone here who can ship you manuals. I have Lyman #49 and the previous Hornady and Lee manuals you are welcome to, and maybe others, for free. Shipping is a bit much, but possible.

What are you using for a press?
    Last edited by Kevin Rohrer; 11-14-2020 at 10:56 PM.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

How hard is it to buy a glock, ammo of powder there?
    NRA Life Member
    Amvets life member

Boolit Bub
    apologies accepted, no problem, a glock in Argentina costs 1300 dollars, I have the hornady 10th digital manual and the lyman 48th. In the lyman manual there are no long shot loads and the hornady manual apparently from what I was reading they have quite conservative loads. Regarding the tools to recharge I have a lyman crusher 2 mono station and dies hornady

http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/pistol

This is a link to the Hodgdon data site. Use the data for the 180 grain load.

Boolit Bub
    if i was looking at the hogdon data for a 180 bullet it gives 8.5 to 9.5

Boolit Master
    The hodgen site is nice. I go there all the time even though I have plenty of manual’s

if i was looking at the hogdon data for a 180 bullet it gives 8.5 to 9.5
    That is the way I read it as well.

Boolit Buddy
    From the 10mm Firearms forum. A thread on 180 gr coated bullets and Longshot.

https://10mm-firearms.com/reloading-...ngshot-powder/

Boolit Bub
    I think that with this information that they have provided me I have a starting point, thank you very much to all. greetings to all

In my Ruger SR1911 10mm, I use 9.0 grs. Longshot with the 180 gr. cast lead bullet. It goes 1313 fps. avg at 15ft as measured by my Oehler 35P chronograph. No pressure signs and excellent accuracy.

Boolit Bub
    excellent! I am preparing different loads to see how it behaves, I started with 8.0grs to 9.0grs rising from 0.2grs. my intention is to hunt with the pistol using a 165grs bullet or the TL-401-175

Boolit Bub
    Hello, today I tested the different loads. 8.0gr average longshot 1157fps, 8.2gr average 1167fps, 8.4gr average 1191fps and 8.6gr average 1208fps.

I assume function was fine.
    How was the accuracy?

apologies accepted, no problem, a glock in Argentina costs 1300 dollars, I have the hornady 10th digital manual and the lyman 48th. In the lyman manual there are no long shot loads and the hornady manual apparently from what I was reading they have quite conservative loads. Regarding the tools to recharge I have a lyman crusher 2 mono station and dies hornady
    $1300!!! Wow!!
    NRA Life Member
    Amvets life member

Banned

ive used 8 grains of longshot for quite a while. i dont push the 10s in a glock because they tend to give those glock bellys if you run them full steam. Anymore i mostly use aa9 or surplus equivalent in them because i have a bunch and it is (was) cheap.

Boolit Master
    Try 2400 with a 200 grain. I've been working with it and am liking it a lot so far.

Boolit Master

My Longshot load for an LBT 401-175-TC (actual weight = 180 gr) powder coated is 8.0 grains of Hodgdon Longshot with a CCI 300 bullet. This is using mixed brass. This chronographs at 1160 fps from my stock Gen 3 Glock 20. There is probably some head room for additional velocity with this powder, but I prefer to use Accurate No. 9 for max effort 10mm ammo.

It looks like my loads are consistent with the OPs results.
    "There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something."
    ~Thorin Oakenshield