Lee PrecisionLoad DataWidenersInline Fabrication
RepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ponsness Warren Shotshell reloaders

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I need to sell one of the K-80’s so need to get back there. Heck might sell them both! Seems silly to have a $10k+ gun to bust clays at the local club.
    Might seem silly but they’re paid for and you don’t need to feed them daily ! I’ve never owned a K-80 but I’ve had several K-32’s over the years and kinda wish I had another K-32 or 80 or even a Remington 32 (had a pair of them before as well) in a three barrel deal like I did in the past . Monte Carlo stocked action with a set of skeet barrels with Kolar insert tubes , a 32” O/U with screw ins for trap doubles and sporting clays and finally an unsingle barrel for 16 and handicap screw ins are okay but a plain old full choke unsingle would be fine with me . My point being just because I might not do this or that if I’ve got the tools to do it with I see no reason to part with them at this point in my life . I’ve got a herd of Browning Superposed that I rarely shoot but I don’t plan on parting with them anytime soon .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Bub
    Many thanks to all that provided this beginning reloader with their wisdom.
    I think I'll be getting the PW 375 shotshell loader as a birthday present to myself.
    Again, thank you all for your help.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpimwheel View Post
    Many thanks to all that provided this beginning reloader with their wisdom.
    I think I'll be getting the PW 375 shotshell loader as a birthday present to myself.
    Again, thank you all for your help.

Boolit Master
    A PW 375 for a new shot shell handloader is never a mistake!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Quote Originally Posted by MOA View Post
    Over the years I've occasionally gotten boxes of club shot AA hulls that we're just filthy. I decided the best way to deal with it was to punch out the primer toss about 100 hulls at a time in a nylon mesh bag an into a frontloader washing machine. Little bit of soap (liquid) an they all came out nice and clean.
    So I'm not the only one? The old AA's tend to benefit from this process more than the new slick ones. Like I said I have Old Style AA's I've loaded as many as 10 times. Eventually the crimps split and they go in the trash, but being fired that many times they tend to get pretty dirty.

I used to use and old washing machine my mom had but it is long gone so now I have a 5 gal bucket with a toilet plunger I use, water Dawn and some elbow grease and they come out fairly clean. Not as good as washing machine but better than nothing.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Thanks Randy. I have not spent much time on TS since dropping out of competitive Trap shooting. I need to sell one of the K-80’s so need to get back there. Heck might sell them both! Seems silly to have a $10k+ gun to bust clays at the local club.

This is an excellent forum and I am glad you have enjoyed it.

BTW, it is OK to differ on the merits of shotshell Reloaders....

Hope you and your family are doing well
    I have many idiosyncrasies,,, in case you guys haven't noticed? The machine issues come from years of designing automated machines.

I am currently kind of crotchety due to my Election Idiosyncrasies but hopefully that will pass after SCOTUS overturns that last abomination.

I just went to a tactical shotgun class and I had a bunch of Win Universal hulls that usually you can reload once. I wanted to shoot them as they are a one way trip and the venue won't allow picking up of spent hulls due to safety issues. I did them on my DL266 and have to say they looked better than the factory loaded ones did . You guys will rest easy knowing that I didn't wash them before loading.

And Don,,, Make sure you read the Rules over at TS.com as the guy who is running it will delete your post in seconds and ban you for days after if you infringe on his stupid rules. I tried selling my SL900 over there and since it was "New" I listed it as "like new." He didn't like that and I was banned for a week over that, and he won't even communicate with you to tell you what you did wrong. Not like it used to be! I don't know if he owns the site, or is just running it, but it is not a very friendly place any more.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Buddy
    I just started shotshell loading this year. I bought a Lee press to dabble first, loaded fewer than two boxes of shells, then decided to get a used 375 off of eBay. The only "gripes" I have are that my particular copy is old enough to not have the taper crimp dies that the new ones have, and I don't have the porthole access to pull the bushings without draining the hoppers and dismantling the head first.

I upgraded the dies. The cost to upgrade didn't close the spread over new vs. used, but new tooling set wasn't cheap, either. If you go used, just make sure to find a "C" model from the start.

I don't shoot volume shotgun, so no need to go progressive. As far as single stage goes, I'm not aware of anything nicer. I'm completely content with my 375.

Boolit Master

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12