RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 30 cal Gas checks sold out too!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickf1985 View Post
    Ok, we are definitely two of a kind. I have posted several times about people commenting on my slow shooting style with my AR and AK. A few shots and check the scope, few shots, check the scope. I am a distance shooter and always have been. My dad always taught me to make each shot count, he never used the term "one shot, one kill" but he implied that. I used that throughout my entire life and even in the military. IN Vietnam I watched guy spray and pray constantly and then beg anybody around for more ammo. I hated full auto and only used it when needed to cover someone. I was accepted into sniper school based on my schooling at a young age. And my scores. You don't get those scores just blazing away. I haven't been to the range since June last year when they opened back up but I plan to try to go next week weather permitting. I am only doing some load development on my AR and 03A3. Might take the 22 to plink with while letting barrels cool, which generally doesn't take long in January in NJ!
    Sad to hear it has been so long since you went to the range. Weather does cut out some range trips for me. I have no desire to suffer heat, cold or rain to shoot. Sometimes flooding closes my usual range but I have alternatives. I have tested loads in my shop and yard or in the on the local levies or swamp. I live near a indoor range but I don't really like it and it is only 25 yards. I have shot at home with pellet guns to keep my skills sharp but it has been a while as I have been focused on my cast bullet bench rest rifle and my .22 mag. reloads and now I have a new toy, another S&W top break revolver. It does not take a lot of ammo to keep me entertained. I take my time loading them and shooting them not counting all the research and data analysis.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    I have to drive 30 miles to get to my range! NJ sucks, in more ways than I can even mention. The one nice thing about it is that it has a 300 yard range.

Boolit Master
    I have to drive 30 miles to get to a 300 yard range. 20 miles to the 100 yard range.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Guess I'm spoiled . Have lots of extra 30 cal gas checks & just step our my door & shoot.

Boolit Master
    ive seen gas checks in swapping and selling, just got to be quick when what you need comes up for sale its like the primers that midway had recently, they limited how many you could buy but they did not raise price through the roof.

Boolit Master

During the previous crunch, I waited for things to become available and reasonable. Some expenses came up and I was recently retired, the first time. I had purchased dies to make 22, 30, and 35 cal gas checks, 35 and 45 plain base gas checks. I wanted to get into powder coating and so sold some gas checks to folks who needed or wanted to try them. I think I was at something like 10 or 12 bucks a thousand. I had fun making them and I got into powder coating. I also dabbled in copper electroplating cast and used a solar panel to boot.

18 months into retirement I was brought back as an annuitant, still retired, but working 10 shifts a month. 9 months later, I reinstated to get my last 2 years for a full 30. By this time prices were normal again and I stocked up on the necessities, that being 3 different 308 W rifles for my wife to try, a few pistols for my Wife and I, and did a lot of reloading.

At one point, I was working so much overtime that I bought 22 gas checks from a member here, I had more money than time. A few more molds, a stockpile of alloy, and powder/primers/etc. I loaded every empty case I had, usually acquired in 5 gallon buckets from a local range. I have cast for folks who wanted to try a mold design they didn't have, typical 50/50 deal, 10 pounds of alloy for 5 pounds of cast PCd and sized in return.

The point is, there are folks here on this site who wanted to wheel and deal, I was one of them. Folks helped me out, I helped folks out. Right now, there is so much demand and only so much supply that even hobbyist folks like me are starting to step up for folks in need. I can't sell boolits, the whole ITAR thing, but did sell gas checks. I also made some for a guy who had lithograph plate aluminum I wanted to try.

I still made a deal to cast some gratis for a new reloader here. Weather has kind of interfered recently, but I should be able to fulfill that promise by the first of the month, the whole postage thing on a fixed income, again, retired again. We will be here for folks from here, best bunch of folks I've ever come to know are right here. We can and will take care of others in need.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123