RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationADvertise here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 30 cal Gas checks sold out too!

Boolit Master
    I make my own dies for making checks and I have found rolls of aluminum in a couple of different thickness. I like to be as independent as possible as I have seen way to many shortages over the years. I still have several thousand copper gas checks but when I run out of a size I make another check maker.

Boolit Master

I know from working aircraft sheet metal that aluminum come in various compositions with 2024, 6061 and 7075 being the most used for various applications. It all comes in various tempers with the most commonly used being T-0 (no temper), T-3 and T-6. Comes in all kinds of thicknesses from .006" on up (from my experience).
    Now if a feller bought a 5' X 12' sheet of 2024 T0 of the appropriate thickness and had access to a plasma cutter, he'd really be in business in about 20 minutes. Easy to program with the right diameter disks and then the computer maximizes use of material and eliminates wasted material. Program and haul off the disks after the run in a bucket./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Sages had some 30 cal yesterday, I bought some gator copper checks.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by beagle View Post
    I know from working aircraft sheet metal that aluminum come in various compositions with 2024, 6061 and 7075 being the most used for various applications. It all comes in various tempers with the most commonly used being T-0 (no temper), T-3 and T-6. Comes in all kinds of thicknesses from .006" on up (from my experience).
    Now if a feller bought a 5' X 12' sheet of 2024 T0 of the appropriate thickness and had access to a plasma cutter, he'd really be in business in about 20 minutes. Easy to program with the right diameter disks and then the computer maximizes use of material and eliminates wasted material. Program and haul off the disks after the run in a bucket./beagle
    All you have to do is score the aluminum with a utility knife. Then you can just tear it off of the sheet. That is how you would waste the least amount of material.

Boolit Mold
    I got a couple thousand .35's from Amazon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12