Titan ReloadingPBcastcoRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxWideners
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Can you top this? NOPE.

Boolit Master
    You have heard the "becarefull, you'll shoot your eye out with that" Well, at the great age of 7 I got a Red Rider and was given the above advise. I was shoot'n in grannys backyard, at a coffe can and it kept falling over. I got an idea and filled the can with rocks. Next thing I knew, I saw the BB hit that can, and bounce back...... Hit me on the front tooth, before I could duck OOOOOOOh boy that brought tyears to my eyes....... I did'nt tell, because I remembered what happened after I shot my mom's backside with my double barrel cork gun the year before............

Banned
    You deserve to be in the Guinese Book of World Records
    Believe me you have earned that title unknowingly!
    Bravo.
    Ajay
    www.PreciousVideoMemoriues.Com

Boolit Bub
    I did same thing with pellet rifle in basement.Missed caedboard box full paper hit wall and then it hit forehead didn't do that anymore. I wasn't 7 more like 40ish. Was also hit in fot with .600 rb Don't shoot at frozen tree stomps in Jan. anymore either. **it happens

Boolit Buddy
    Man... and they let you vote?!?!?!??!?!? Now that explains a LOT!!!!

Boolit Master
    I suppose I was just lucky, my first casting was with sinker molds at age 8, they come with aluminum handles, you just expect to have some kind of handles after that.
    drinks, NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, CCRKBA, GOA, JPFO, CBA, Def-Con.

Boolit Buddy
    I've practiced this sport, almost in a vaccum for 50 yrs. so I can identify with you. When you're self taught, there's a good chance there's a gap or two in your education. What I wouldn't have given to have had a mentor 40 yrs. ago. I sure do appreciate this site. Ron.D

Boolit Master
    This ought to be a sticky.

I reread Crash first post since someone brought this back to life, I think I laughed just as hard.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has pulled a stunt like this.

God Bless You Crash, you makes me smile.

Boolit Master
    That's a CLASSIC ....... Crash Corrigan!!!

Just goes to show you ....... life IS stranger than fiction!!!!

LOL!!!!!!

Three 44s

stephen perry

Which Hand Do Hold The Revolver With

Hope it's not your left . 6000 bullets holding a hot branding iron in your hand. Can you read the words LEE in your hand.

Stephen Perry
    Angeles BR

Boolit Master

No but I learned to line the palm of the left glove with three layers of heavy aluminum foil and that helped a lot.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Boolit Bub
    Crash,
    I read your wonderfull story today, I laughed so hard I cried. Thanks for sharing the story.
    John

Boolit Mold
    That reminds me of the time a friend stoped to see if he could mouch some cast bullets from me as his wife ran a large tire warehouse and could get us all the w/w we could carry. so i tolerated him. not pay tomuch attention to him i didnt see him crack open cold adult beverage and christen the pot . still cleanning uplead after that mess and scars . he felt bad after that. so he broughtover a 55gal. drum full of w/w to appease me . becarefull of who stops buy

Boolit Buddy
    It is funny to remember some of the things we have done casting boolits, when we were going it on our own, a book can only take ya so fAR..................STEG

Crash, it takes a brave soul to tell on himself. I read your story over a year ago and reread it today. Made me laugh out loud both times. Thanks for sharing.

Boolit Buddy
    I was doing the same darn thing. It wasnt till I pondered your post that I did a little investigating. Burns are still healing.
    Whoever Smelt it, Delt it -----Greenhorn44

---When Life Gives You Lemons, You Supposed to Make Lemonade, with a 17HMR------Greenhorn44

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ra_balke View Post
    I shot myself in the head with my 44 remington cap and ball once.

I was shooting into old catalogs, with a board behind.
    The ball passed thru the catalogs, bounced off the pine board, and plop, landed right on the top of my head.
    I learned at a very young age not to shoot tires from a car with a BB gun. Ouch...

Quote Originally Posted by Crash Corrigan View Post

Tom W--- yes there was a Blonde involved. My wife she had a great rack and could write her name in the snow if you know what I mean.

I hope to god that you don't mean what I think you mean.....

Boolit Master

I started out with Lee two-cavity molds, so it was years before I learned that some molds came without handles attached.

I shot myself in the head with my 44 remington cap and ball once.
    When I was a dumb kid of 18 or 19, I shot myself between the eyes with a 30-06!
    Someone had given me a couple rounds of old WWII AP ammo, and I thought I'd see what it'd do. I dug some pieces of 1/2" steel out of the scrap pile, lined up four of them behind the barn, and took a shot with the old Remington. Something thunked me in the forehead, and blood was running down my face all over.

The core of that bullet had penetrated a solid inch of steel, but the copper jacket had peeled off like a banana, and bounced straight back to cut me up. The scar has faded over the years, but I still have that jacket around here somewhere, to remind me to not do dumb things.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by AriM View Post
    I hope to god that you don't mean what I think you mean.....
    One of those "don't ask, don't tell" things?

Boolit Mold
    Thats Very brave or very stupid. Wow.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast