RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: New accurate mold

New accurate mold

After a few emails and a very patient Tom, he came up with a new mold for my 45 Colt. I am like a kid at Christmas waiting for this to show up. The man never fails to amaze and if this one shoots as good as it looks, I will be a happy camper. Attachment 271251
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    Good looking bullet. Yeah, Tom is great. I've got an idea for a new mold that I've got to run by him.

Don
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I wanted one with the flat nose, kind of like LBT's but I might be too old by the time I could get one from Veral and I knew Tom is a wizard when it comes to making boolit molds. I've got some of his molds in the past and the results are dead on perfect. My 25-5 shoots the Lee 252 gr swc pretty well but I can only find it in a 2 cavity. I ordered a 3 cavity from Accurate. I get a higher percentage of good boolits from a 3 cavity. Maybe just me but that is my experience at least.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Looks like the clone of the Ideal 454190, 255gr bullet with a wider metplat
    Regards
    John

Banned
    I was having problems with my Marlin 1894 in 45 Colt. The Lee 255 gr was okay but I felt it could be much better. Tom recommended his 45-250P. I ordered a two cavity version.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	45-250P-D.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	271288

It shoots lights out to 100 yards, the furthest I have tested it. I'm very happy.

Steve in N CA

That's a good looking mold and I love big replays like yours. It should hit very hard.

Tom is the only mold maker I've used where I've been completely happy with the mold. I live about 45 minutes from NOE and Arsenal each time I've strayed from Tom I quickly reminded of why I prefer his molds above all others. His customer service is excellent and his patience to explain things to a dumb redneck is way above others and he is also the only mold maker I'm aware of that offers one off complete custom molds. No waiting for a group but not having to wait for x number of people to agree on a design item times much different from what you wanted and no waiting a year for it to arrive. Tom has been a godsend to casters who don't want something that doesn't fit your needs all of this made in America by a great American at reasonable prices

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bigboredad View Post
    That's a good looking mold and I love big replays like yours. It should hit very hard.

Tom is the only mold maker I've used where I've been completely happy with the mold. I live about 45 minutes from NOE and Arsenal each time I've strayed from Tom I quickly reminded of why I prefer his molds above all others. His customer service is excellent and his patience to explain things to a dumb redneck is way above others and he is also the only mold maker I'm aware of that offers one off complete custom molds. No waiting for a group but not having to wait for x number of people to agree on a design item times much different from what you wanted and no waiting a year for it to arrive. Tom has been a godsend to casters who don't want something that doesn't fit your needs all of this made in America by a great American at reasonable prices

You are absolutely right, especially the patience with us rednecks. Having a master mold maker conjure up a mold that is just what you are looking for with charging a ransom for it is a blessing for us caster junkies that I never forget.

Banned
    Agreed,

I am an older guy and I don't want to wait months and months for a mold that I may have to compromise on to please the guys in a group buy. I may croak any day.

Steve in N CA

Boolit Master
    All my molds from Tom drop boolits just like I asked for. Ordered a 43-200E today for my 24-3 Smith. Wanted a nice plinking boolit to put over Bullseye or HP 38.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

I finally got Thanksgiving over with and got down to business with the new 3 cavity Accurate mold. It is a work of art indeed. Tom worked his usual magic and here are the results. I'll get them sized and loaded in the near future and stuff 'em into my 4" 25-5 and head to the range. According to our conversation, they should be 253 grs.Attachment 272366Attachment 272367

Boolit Master
    I have an accurate mold for the 45 auto rim with a large meplat it is a great mold all his molds that I have have been excellent I’m sure I will get more in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Charlie View Post
    All my molds from Tom drop boolits just like I asked for. Ordered a 43-200E today for my 24-3 Smith. Wanted a nice plinking boolit to put over Bullseye or HP 38.
    Yep, you're right. I ordered a .454 mold and that's exactly what it drops. I powder coated a few and I am going to squeeze and grease a few. The odor of the beeswax lube when it's shot is as near and dear to me as Hoppes #9 solvent.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    I ordered a .454 mold and that's exactly what it drops.
    That's funny. All 3 of my moulds from Tom drop .002" over the specified size, which is fine since I lube and size them.

Don
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I haven’t ordered a mold from Accurate yet, but after looking at his website, my next mold will most likely be one of his.

Quote Originally Posted by USSR View Post
    That's funny. All 3 of my moulds from Tom drop .002" over the specified size, which is fine since I lube and size them.

Don
    I ordered this mold bigger than I need for that same reason. My 25-5 has .4505 throats and a SRH Ruger has .451 throats so I can always size them smaller. I got the mold in .454 in case I ran across a 45 with the big throats. I have never had great results with a smaller boolit "bumping up" to the larger bore diameter.

Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    I finally got Thanksgiving over with and got down to business with the new 3 cavity Accurate mold. It is a work of art indeed. Tom worked his usual magic and here are the results. I'll get them sized and loaded in the near future and stuff 'em into my 4" 25-5 and head to the range. According to our conversation, they should be 253 grs.Attachment 272366Attachment 272367
    Really good looking bullets they should smack good

Boolit Master

Great looking bullet. Looks like a hammer. Congrats.
    "There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something."
    ~Thorin Oakenshield