Inline FabricationLoad DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kudos to Ruger

I got a few dud's from them back in the Aughts. Happens to all the companies it seems. They have priced themselves beyond their value in my eyes now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Cash View Post
    The best customer service is when the manufacturer gets it right the first time.

You let me know of a manufacturer that does that without fail and I am a buyer.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Targa View Post

You let me know of a manufacturer that does that without fail and I am a buyer.
    Freedom Arms likely has near that reputation. Only about $3000 for that convenience.

Boolit Buddy
    I bought a used stainless blackhawk about 10 years ago. All six chambers had reamer chatter marks. Full power 357 ammo would stick in each chamber. I called Ruger, they sent a shipping label and the gun returned in 5 days with a new cylinder and an action job.

Later,
    Stephen

If I may ask, does ruger offer this kind of Customer Service for firearms that are used and transferred to you?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by VariableRecall View Post
    If I may ask, does ruger offer this kind of Customer Service for firearms that are used and transferred to you?
    I would say yes, on a local board someone I know and have dealt with posted that he bought a used mini14 pretty cheap, when he disassembled to do a thorough cleaning he found why it was so cheap, it was worn out form neglect to properly lube, he called Ruger, told them what he found and asked out how much to re-build, they sent him a shipping label to send it in to have a look, 2 weeks later he receives a package from them with a brand new mini and a note saying the original was too far gone to repair so they just sent him a new one.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Quote Originally Posted by tunnug View Post
    I would say yes, on a local board someone I know and have dealt with posted that he bought a used mini14 pretty cheap, when he disassembled to do a thorough cleaning he found why it was so cheap, it was worn out form neglect to properly lube, he called Ruger, told them what he found and asked out how much to re-build, they sent him a shipping label to send it in to have a look, 2 weeks later he receives a package from them with a brand new mini and a note saying the original was too far gone to repair so they just sent him a new one.
    WOW! Now that's some serious customer service!
    Not only is a cantankerous rifle retired, but a new one is in his hands instead!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by VariableRecall View Post
    Yes. Even used, and not transferred as well. Or, even well obsolete. I had a problem with an Old Army, which I had bought used, and no FFL needed. I called Ruger, they admitted they probably didn't have parts for it. Less than 2 weeks later it came back fully operational. Sheesh, I couldn't even get S&W to test fire my brand new model 57 in my name, that had a barrel so bad I couldn't keep shots on paper at spitting distance.

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    Yes. Even used, and not transferred as well. Or, even well obsolete. I had a problem with an Old Army, which I had bought used, and no FFL needed. I called Ruger, they admitted they probably didn't have parts for it. Less than 2 weeks later it came back fully operational. Sheesh, I couldn't even get S&W to test fire my brand new model 57 in my name, that had a barrel so bad I couldn't keep shots on paper at spitting distance.
    While I'm thankful I found a Gunsmith that was able to fix the Hammer Nose on my recently acquired Model 10-5 as seen in my profile picture. However, i doubt that all S&W owners would have the privilege of someone so talented and fairly priced.

I'd certainly keep Ruger's good natured customer service in mind in the future! In my opinion, the Ruger GP100 and friends are a little ugly in my opinion, but the Blackhawk looks quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    Freedom Arms likely has near that reputation. Only about $3000 for that convenience.
    Touché

I bought a used GP100 last year that had a damaged firing pin that the seller did not disclose. Sent it back to Ruger and they said it could not be repaired (older style) so sent me a new identical gun instead. It was great to get a new gun back but also had to do a transfer resulting in a paper trail. Really wish the first gun had worked and the seller hadn't lied about it.
    Keep moving forward!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12