MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading EverythingWideners
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad DataInline Fabrication
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: Customer service

Customer service

I am continually amazed at the quality of customer service in which pretty much the entire gun industry works at.

Yesterday i emailed bear creek arsenal because after a year of owning a completed upper from them, i realized the split mlok rail that was on it was loose and i could not get it tight. I had a response within 30 minutes and an offer to replace it with the non split lock version as well as telling me they had discontinued the split mlok. Very happy with this, as the week before i had ordered the non split version for a new upper and am very impressed with it.

Their instant chat feature also has people that are actually familiar with their products.

The previous week i emailed midwest industries asking a question about their blast can and got even more information than i had asked for, follow up responses were less than 2 minutes apart.

I cant think of another industry that has this good of customer service.
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

Banned
    In general, I have had much better experiences with industries that sell actual tangible products than industries that sell some type of service as their primary product (phone companies, internet providers, insurance companies, financial services, etc.)

Banned
    I couldn't agree more!

I have bought some products that were clunkers but in all of my 62 years I can only think of one company that was not responsive. And my experience with them is atypical based on other peoples stories.

The companies that I have had outstanding service from are too numerous to list.

Steve in N CA

Boolit Grand Master

I e-mailed Knight and have not received a reply and tried to call them and got cut off while waiting? Their website says they are still in business.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I think that for the most part, good customer service is provided by a lot of companies - especially those that produce/sell a product as they know which side their bread is buttered on - a happy customer is a repeat customer.

But right now, we are not living in "normal times" thanks to the Chinese sending their little gift all over the world. We all like good service and want things when we want them - but with the Covid crisis and so many shut downs, slow deliveries, slow responses, etc. can be expected. Every state has they own rules about what is "essential and non-essential". A lot of suppliers are small businesses and they are struggling no doubt. Some have had to lay off employees and are struggling to get along which interprets into there are just so many hours in a day and just so much that they can get things done - answer e-mails, answer phone calls, attend to book-keeping and still be out in the shop producing their products.

Yea , , , some companies give crappy customer service even in the best of times and some give great customer service routinely . . . and some WANT to provide good customer service but are struggling to keep their heads above water given the restrictions they have to operate under and the pressure to do all things with limited help, if any.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    In general, I have had much better experiences with industries that sell actual tangible products than industries that sell some type of service as their primary product (phone companies, internet providers, insurance companies, financial services, etc.)
    This rings true in my book--with the except of Navy Federal Credit Union. Man, those guys are always so great to me. Makes calling into the bank a joy.

Moderator Emeritus

Opposite with Coleman. Second outdoor 13'x13' party tent fabric ripped in under a year. Was told back in early summer their warranty does not apply to using their products outside! Don't speak English very well either. Told them if they do not replace my outdoor tent because it was used outdoors, I will blast their response over the internet. I finally got the replacement tent two days ago. Will not buy from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Opposite with Coleman. Second outdoor 13'x13' party tent fabric ripped in under a year. Was told back in early summer their warranty does not apply to using their products outside! Don't speak English very well either. Told them if they do not replace my outdoor tent because it was used outdoors, I will blast their response over the internet. I finally got the replacement tent two days ago. Will not buy from them again.
    Imo that response deserves to be blasted all over the internet anyways.
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

Boolit Master
    Bought a Ruger in 7.62x39 and the picatinny rail would not accept Burris rings. The rail was not marked anywhere with either the Ruger logo or who ever made it. Ok,called Ruger and explained the problem and no markings. The service tech said all Ruger rails are marked with their logo. Inside a week had a proper Ruger marked picatinny rail. We kinda figured that someone took off the proper rail and stuck this piece of junk on. Kudos to Ruger. Frank

Sometimes a lemon makes great lemonade. I had called Ruger Customer service on November 6, looking for a front sight blade for a Mk II target pistol with the 6 7/8" barrel. I previously had looked on several web sites and nobody carried this particular part anymore.

A nice lady took my information and said sure they had one and would ship it at no charge. That was great news, and yesterday I receive my roll pin punch set and set about removing the one customized by Bubba. I finally got it out and destroyed it in the process.

Today, I received a envelope from Ruger, but it was the wrong part. BIG let down. I got on the phone and another nice lady answered and I told her my story. She put me on hold while she talked to the Parts Manager. Came back on the phone, the PM told her that part was obsolete and they didn't have any. She even gave me the name of the company that had made them for Ruger so I could contact them.

About 5 minutes after I hung up, the phone rang and it said "Phoenix, AZ." It was the same Lady, and the Parts Manager had just called her to say that he had found a part and would send it to me.

Thank God for small miracles and Ruger Customer Service.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

P.S. Both Ladies spoke perfect English, clear and loud enough that a old half deaf guy could understand them, and seemed to know what they were talking about.