Load DataReloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee PrecisionWideners
Titan Reloading Repackbox

Thread: ACE full auto casting machine

Boolit Mold

ACE full auto casting machine

Has anyone heard much about these guys?

A couple years ago I ran across the swage they make but it would seem they have added another couple products to their name.

https://youtu.be/YzdpzgDGqdc

Boolit Buddy
    I have not heard of them. But, that is an impressive machine.

Boolit Master
    Their equipment looks good, but more for commercial production at those production rates and prices?

Boolit Master

Wish someone would make a cheaper star sizer. Looks fancy and nice. But not 12 grand nice. I could buy a Mark 7 for that much money.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Nick Nielsen do swaged bullets for air guns. I think it can be found on google...nsa slugs.. Haven't ordered but what I know he's product is well known on air gun shooters. He is shipping world wide. See other guy on utube..Tofazfou who also introduced casting machine. I thinks it was same brand.

Boolit Master
    Okay, so this looks like the remnants of the ballisticast stuff, or the spinoff that the Sands did.

I wonder who owns it and if they'll have better customer service than the last iteration...
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NoZombies View Post
    Okay, so this looks like the remnants of the ballisticast stuff, or the spinoff that the Sands did.

I wonder who owns it and if they'll have better customer service than the last iteration...
    That was kind of my impression also especially with the manually operated caster.

Boolit Master
    Looks pretty good to me too, still a bit more than what i can afford, i just cast as a hobby at this stage really.

What seems odd to me is why they didn't program in different lead drops for each station if desired. It can turn off different stations, so it knows each mould position, why not add variable lead pour times? I was trying to cobble together a magma style machine with different weights, so different lead drops, if using a computer to drive it, it's really not much more work and may make it more appealing to other buyers. Sadly life has gotten in the way and my project has been pushed a side, one day maybe it will be resurrected.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazza View Post
    Looks pretty good to me too, still a bit more than what i can afford, i just cast as a hobby at this stage really.

What seems odd to me is why they didn't program in different lead drops for each station if desired. It can turn off different stations, so it knows each mould position, why not add variable lead pour times? I was trying to cobble together a magma style machine with different weights, so different lead drops, if using a computer to drive it, it's really not much more work and may make it more appealing to other buyers. Sadly life has gotten in the way and my project has been pushed a side, one day maybe it will be resurrected.
    Because it's just a slightly modernized ballisticast MKII. I think the mold positions are turned on and off by having a screw post in position or not to trip a switch. It's got a few more bells and whistles than the machines did in the late 80's but not that many more.

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Master
    Because it's just a slightly modernized ballisticast MKII. I think the mold positions are turned on and off by having a screw post in position or not to trip a switch. It's got a few more bells and whistles than the machines did in the late 80's but not that many more.
    That does make sense, a lot easier really. If it doesn't see a mould, don't drop lead.

My idea was to have a "home" position, so each time it rotated, so if things got out of time, it knew where position 1 was. It was going to be a micro switch, or proximity switch on the rotting disc. Again, it's just project i started, but have not gotten time to finish.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazza View Post
    That does make sense, a lot easier really. If it doesn't see a mould, don't drop lead.

My idea was to have a "home" position, so each time it rotated, so if things got out of time, it knew where position 1 was. It was going to be a micro switch, or proximity switch on the rotting disc. Again, it's just project i started, but have not gotten time to finish.
    I'd love to see your project sometime, even if it's a work-in-progress.

I want one.

But I'd have to start selling bullets to make it feesable.

Now I'd be competing with big boys.

The profit margin on these is not enough to make a living at it.

At least I don't think it is.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by flyingmonkey35 View Post
    I want one.

But I'd have to start selling bullets to make it feesable.

Now I'd be competing with big boys.

The profit margin on these is not enough to make a living at it.

At least I don't think it is.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    It's not, unless you get into it really big. Three of us went in together and bought a Bullet Master, Lube Master, and lots of alloy. We started selling bullets and soon found out that unless you can go nationally, you're not going to make any money at it. Now we just use the machines for ourselves, plus a few friends, who pay us enough to cover the cost of the alloy, plus a small margin. We've paid off the machines, but there's no way we could make a living at it.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master
    I'd love to see your project sometime, even if it's a work-in-progress.
    I'll see what pictures i can get for you, may be a few days but hopefully i won't forget