RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bourbon drink...

Bourbon drink...

This is my own blend. Around my culdesac, it’s know as “The Charlie”. Many have tried to replicate, but have not been able to duplicate.

The picture is the recipe. Start with a full glass of ice, and mix by volume, according to the lines in the picture. It’s delicious. It’s refreshing. It’s an absolute crowd pleaser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I serve Jesus exclusively...do you?

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

I finally obtained a feedback post!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...80#post4182480

That sounds good.

I wonder how it'd do if ya make like a frozen margarita/Slurpee sort of thing.

I could always 'take 'em or leave 'em', but a lot of women seem to really like a mixed drink done that way.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    That sounds good.

I wonder how it'd do if ya make like a frozen margarita/Slurpee sort of thing.

I could always 'take 'em or leave 'em', but a lot of women seem to really like a mixed drink done that way.
    I think this would be tasty in a frozen form. I have super sensitive teeth, so frozen drinks are not really my thing. I’d sure like to hear some feedback from somebody who wants to try this frozen though!

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

Quote Originally Posted by tinhorn97062 View Post
    I think this would be tasty in a frozen form. I have super sensitive teeth,
    After 3-4 regular ones, you might be able to try it and formulate an opinion.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Amen.

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

#1 I agree with you about the Evan Williams. Great flavor and smoothness of Jack or Jim Beam at a better price.

#2 I may have to mix these some of those up one of these days.

My old standby is 2 icecubes in a highball glass, glass half full of burbon, topped of with coke or pepsi.

I was 5 1/2 years old. Was staying with grandparents for a week. Grandpa had taught me how to row and take hand signals so he could go stalking largemouth bass. He caught a pair of 5 lbers that day and was in a truly good mood. We then went over to a little cove, anchored up. He pulled out a pair of split bamboo fly rods with automatic reals.

He had his rigged with a small poppin bug. Mine had a small pink jig 18" below a small bobber. Baited up it no more than settled on the water and it was gone. Now if you can imagine a small for his age 5 yr old boy struggling with a large bluegill on the other end of a fly rod. Well it had grandpa in stitches. We caught a whole mess before dark, and I got better at it.

He then showed me how to scale them. Then he would do the knife work. So with that all done, fish clean, boy clean.

Grandma is flying fresh fish for supper. So fresh they flipped when they hit the pan. Country fried potatoes and onions cooking slow on the other burner.

Grandpa had a fresh highball in front of him and when Grandma asked him a question I reached out and grabbed it, took a slurp.
    Just in time to see grandpa's gray eyes PIN me to the wall. Without ever saying a word using hand signs he explained that if Grandma caught me doing that we were BOTH dead. So that was a no no.

And now 60 years later when I taste bourbon and coke I am transported back to that wonderful day. Snug, warm, loved, and all is well with the world. So that is not something I abuse or overuse. Maybe once a month, maybe less.

John Robert Cain I miss you sir! I think you'd be proud of the grandson you knew, the man he turned into.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master

What? No George Dickel?
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

That looks good gonna have to try that when the weekend starts . Even Williams is an under rated bourbon . I used to drink wild turkey American honey but the EW version is 5 bucks cheaper per bottle and tastes better imo
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master
    Another Evan William's fan. I prefer the 1783 Small Batch version for a few dollars more. My summer cocktail is Evan and Coke with the juice from a lemon wedge.

Winelover

I like McCormick whiskey, it has a slight vanilla flavor
    NRA Life Member
    learn to make your own black powder collect bp arms as there presently not recorded
    smokless is a fad its fading fast, helped along by obama

Boolit Master
    that picture looks very inviting, the kind of thing that would make me want to take up drinking again. but have had too many days in the past waking up to breakfast of champions or a snow plow(vodka and milk)

Boolit Master
    There are a lot of tasty whiskey drinks. Mint juleps, old fashions, Manhattans. They all seem to taste even better when someone serves them to you. I usually keep it simple and on the rocks.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

I'm always ready to try something new from the bar. I really like the way you gave the visual instructions. I never mix alcohol and gunpowder, so I'll have to wait until 5:00 to give this a try.

Boolit Bub
    Well, having me a taco party tomorrow night. Sounds like I know what I'm serving. This sounds delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    #1 I agree with you about the Evan Williams. Great flavor and smoothness of Jack or Jim Beam at a better price.

#2 I may have to mix these some of those up one of these days.

My old standby is 2 icecubes in a highball glass, glass half full of burbon, topped of with coke or pepsi.

I was 5 1/2 years old. Was staying with grandparents for a week. Grandpa had taught me how to row and take hand signals so he could go stalking largemouth bass. He caught a pair of 5 lbers that day and was in a truly good mood. We then went over to a little cove, anchored up. He pulled out a pair of split bamboo fly rods with automatic reals.

He had his rigged with a small poppin bug. Mine had a small pink jig 18" below a small bobber. Baited up it no more than settled on the water and it was gone. Now if you can imagine a small for his age 5 yr old boy struggling with a large bluegill on the other end of a fly rod. Well it had grandpa in stitches. We caught a whole mess before dark, and I got better at it.

He then showed me how to scale them. Then he would do the knife work. So with that all done, fish clean, boy clean.

Grandma is flying fresh fish for supper. So fresh they flipped when they hit the pan. Country fried potatoes and onions cooking slow on the other burner.

Grandpa had a fresh highball in front of him and when Grandma asked him a question I reached out and grabbed it, took a slurp.
    Just in time to see grandpa's gray eyes PIN me to the wall. Without ever saying a word using hand signs he explained that if Grandma caught me doing that we were BOTH dead. So that was a no no.

And now 60 years later when I taste bourbon and coke I am transported back to that wonderful day. Snug, warm, loved, and all is well with the world. So that is not something I abuse or overuse. Maybe once a month, maybe less.

John Robert Cain I miss you sir! I think you'd be proud of the grandson you knew, the man he turned into.
    Nice story. Thank you for that.

BNE.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Boolit Mold
    Sounds good, save electricity and skip the ice, use the level lines as shown.

And here it is, in all of it’s tastiness: “The Charlie”

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

Boolit Grand Master

With the lines on that bourbon in a water glass I doubt that after 3-4 you'd be able to get up and mix another
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Depends, on if it's before adding the ice, or after.

Winelover

I make these with Pendleton Whisky and pink lemonade. Very tasty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast