Lee PrecisionRepackboxTitan ReloadingWideners
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primers

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 4719dave View Post
    GENTEX primers are being shipped as we speak my friend got a shipment the other day ..no not for sale !! they come from BOSNIA
    GENTEX are good for the price, just know they often FTF in firearms with weak hammer springs. We bought 20,000 a few years back at 2 cents each. They wouldn’t function well at all in Glocks. They fire fine in all my handguns except one striker fired & one hammer fired.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG View Post
    I am horrified. Went out to the Reloading shed today looking for Small Pistol Primers to reload some .38's. NONE. Seems that over the last 4 years I have been buying LR and SR incrementally a 1000 at a time; so I am in great shape for Rifle - but no Small Pistol in the reloading shed. Guess I'll have to go to the Shipping container and get out a 1000 tomorrow from the stash I bought back under the Clintonista Regime. Lesson Learned; I'll work on inventory control better next cycle and ensure I am more balanced in my acquisitions.

I have yet to see a MANUFACTURER forecast increased availability in XX weeks or xx months.
    I feel for you, I also was running lower than I liked in SPP due to a lot of load development and not paying attention,-- but like many who suffered through the last shortage I stocked up on all the primers I use and bought primers at good prices. I traded several bricks of primers I had extras of for SPP so I'm comfortable for now.

From what I've seen, primers are showing up (mostly in central and E USA) all I've seen here are LR & LRM

*** remember the retailers that are charging exorbitant prices for primers and avoid them now and after the shortage is over. IF they want to take advantage of us during the shortage they don't deserve our business!!! ***

I've sold several reloading items at what I paid for them or less If used

As for the primer shortage, I feel it stems from the ammo shortage. The US has recorded that largest amount of new gun owners this year and they all need/want ammo, I also heard that the US military put in a large ammo order; the ammo manufacturers are the primer manufacturers' biggest customers.

I think that reloaders make up only a small part of gun owners ( this is changing a little now due to current shortages and needs)

My 2¢ worth
    Last edited by Conditor22; 11-14-2020 at 08:58 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    There is a local auction house by me in Michigan. They have 500 small pistol primers and the bid is over $100 with two days to go. Plus 10% buyers premium plus 6% sales tax. Tempted to sell a few of mine.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmi48219 View Post
    GENTEX are good for the price, just know they often FTF in firearms with weak hammer springs. We bought 20,000 a few years back at 2 cents each. They wouldn’t function well at all in Glocks. They fire fine in all my handguns except one striker fired & one hammer fired.
    Not finding "GENTEX" when searching on Google. Did you mean Unis Ginex primers?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Conditor22 View Post
    I feel for you, I also was running lower than I liked in SPP due to a lot of load development and not paying attention,-- but like many who suffered through the last shortage I stocked up on all the primers I use and bought primers at good prices. I traded several bricks of primers I had extras of for SPP so I'm comfortable for now.

From what I've seen, primers are showing up (mostly in central and E USA) all I've seen here are LR & LRM

*** remember the retailers that are charging exorbitant prices for primers and avoid them now and after the shortage is over. IF they want to take advantage of us during the shortage they don't deserve our business!!! ***

I've sold several reloading items at what I paid for them or less If used

As for the primer shortage, I feel it stems from the ammo shortage. The US has recorded that largest amount of new gun owners this year and they all need/want ammo, I also heard that the US military put in a large ammo order; the ammo manufacturers are the primer manufacturers' biggest customers.

I think that reloaders make up only a small part of gun owners ( this is changing a little now due to current shortages and needs)

My 2¢ worth
    Primers may be showing up on the east coast, but certainly not in central U.S. Iowa is bone dry.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by hlvabeach View Post
    Not finding "GENTEX" when searching on Google. Did you mean Unis Ginex primers?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Yes, UNIS GINTEX, my mistake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12