RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataRepackbox
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Backstrap reciepe needed

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chutesnreloads View Post
    just same as chicken fried steak.... don't forget the cream gravy with the drippings. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes
    i like my cube steaks chicken fried sitting on top of fried potatoes and onion with the whole thing smoothed in sausage gravy. Meal fit for a king!!!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by chutesnreloads View Post
    just same as chicken fried steak.... don't forget the cream gravy with the drippings. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes
    This is the only way I cook my backstrap! My tenderloin gets turned into jalapeño poppers! My wife and I can sit down and eat 20 each!
    Attachment 272858

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by dale2242 View Post
    MrWolf, You can`t go wrong with a pellet grill.
    I bought the Pit Boss Classic.
    It`s one of the best investments I`ve made.
    I love playing with it.
    My wife is happy as well, with me doing a lot of the cooking on the pellet grill.
    Funny almost grabbed a Trapper at Costco when they had a demo with supposedly package prices a couple of months ago. I read about Pit Boss Classics and a Grill Z(? Think that was it) but will wait till spring. Back to backstrap recipes, we tried a beer cheese recipe I found on the internet. Was great. We cut the slices thinner so basically as soon as they hit the cast iron and edges started turning grey they were flipped. Phenomenal. Used left overs on a potato roll with cheese, either the beer leftovers of cheese of choice. Can't go wrong either way.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy42 View Post
    Marinated in either teriyaki sauce, Dale seasoning, or Moore’s for a couple hours or overnight. Wrap it in applewood bacon and roast it at 375 till it’s done to your likeness. Almost forgot if you want to Bacon Crispy just before you pull it out of the oven and put it under the broiler for a couple minutes
    I'll second the Dales and bacon. Can't go wrong in cast iron or grill. Like all others Venison is best when med. rare-rare. We have another sauce we make, wish I knew where it was. My brother actually did it first. Contains soy sauce and brown sugar among other spices and drizzled over steak.

Boolit Grand Master

Played with some recently. Made a marinade of soy sauce, bourbon, salt, pepper and oil. Marinated 6 to 24 hours. Wrapped in bacon, cooked in cast iron until done, set to rest, made a sauce with a splash of Worcestershire sauce and a fig liquor I make in the pan leavings. LOML and I liked them.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Cut biscuit size and chicken fried with potatoes and onions and gravy. Leftover backstrap is made into sandwiches for the next days hunt.

Boolit Mold
    Cut them in 1 - 1 1/2" medallions......marinate for 40 minutes in one half bottle soy,one quarter teriyaki and one quarter worchestershire ....remove and season lightly with charley's choice and grill to medium.......yes indeed yes indeed!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12