Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersLoad Data
RepackboxInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Unheard of prices on .22 lr.

Boolit Buddy
    LGS had 450 rd cartons of CCI on Friday for $28.95 but it was limit one box per caliber, per customer, per day.
    Cargo

I've watched these shortages play out numerous times (I just turned 67). What truly behooves me, is that it seems the very people who kicked and screamed through past shortages, are the same ones doing it again.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Agreed. I didn't own but one old 22 rifle that only shoots shorts.... So it is just in the safe.. I bought two more rifles and a pistol for my wife to practice with in 22lr over past couple of 3 years.
    And about 5 bricks. Not much, but we will only shoot a box or two at a time and not that often. Probably 5 or six years of 22lr ammo there. Now Primers, dang I could kick myself. I have plenty for a while, but should have bought 10K more.....

Boolit Buddy
    Good trading material! I just traded 5 boxes of 22lr (not bricks) 5 bxs 223 (20rnd/bx) a box of 45 acp a bx of 38 spl and 2 bx of 12 ga high brass for a security 4 camera system installed with phone and tv access.
    BD

There are those of us the breathe guns, hunting, fishing, ect. In deep and have been our whole life.
    Don’t follow other things as a hobby. Then there are guys that tinker around the edges and have several other interests. Nothing wrong with that but they are usually the ones caught in these panics. It’s not front and center until they realize it’s happening. This time not in my area but the political situation caused many to buy first gun. Now with Biden given win the future looks grim.
    I’m not sure but I would say they will back door us by adding taxes on ammunition that will run off a lot of casual shooters. If it’s expensive and a hassle more people will just give up. No ammo a gun is a club.

Boolit Buddy
    I've got more .22 ammo than I will ever live to shoot especially since i no longer have a shooting range in my back yard. Might be a good time to cash some out.

Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    Money was tight for a lot of people for a long time before the covid stuff. Some people are only able to buy what they absolutely need for the immediate future.
    The way things are going, I feel sorry for them. They don't have much in the way of options.
    Amen, brother.

People used to feel sorry for us old folks "living on a fixed income", but now we are the lucky ones, since we have no job to be thrown out of. It may not be much, but it's still coming in regular.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Buddy
    I just gave my brother in law two bricks of Aguila to keep my nephews lever Henry's warm.

Boolit Master

The LAX Firing Range of Los Angeles, Ca & San Diego, Ca are running a sale today and tomorrow; 12/18 & 12/19.
    Guess the LA County Health Dept. let them open the LA retail store, just not the pistol range.

HOLD ON TO YOUR HAIR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remington .22LR Golden Bullets; 1400ct Bucket...........................

$299.99 each

That's right I said $299.99 EACH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In June 2016, I bought 2 buckets at walmart $47.99 each. I think 500rds of .223 was $800. Not sure, was so much in shock I closed the page.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    Amen, brother.

People used to feel sorry for us old folks "living on a fixed income", but now we are the lucky ones, since we have no job to be thrown out of. It may not be much, but it's still coming in regular.
    My father-in-law had a saying: “A little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing”.

I’m happy as a honey bee with my “little bit of something” that will support me nicely and without worry to the end of my time on this planet.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Wednesday, at the Walmart Mart in Zephyrhills, Fl, I bought two boxes of 555 rounds (Winchester) for $23.53/box.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by No_1 View Post
    My father-in-law had a saying: “A little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing”.

I’m happy as a honey bee with my “little bit of something” that will support me nicely and without worry to the end of my time on this planet.
    Yup. Great feeling. I don't have a lot but am ok since I enjoy the simple things and luckily this time around found a woman who likes staying home also.

I find it odd some are just now seeing the lack of OEM ammo and reloading components when the shortages started here in the first week of March, 2020. I have CCI MMs (HP and RN), Federal AutoMatch bulk packs, and those big Federal 525/550 bulk packs left from the last time this happened to 22LR seven years ago.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    There are those of us the breathe guns, hunting, fishing, ect. In deep and have been our whole life.
    Don’t follow other things as a hobby. Then there are guys that tinker around the edges and have several other interests. Nothing wrong with that but they are usually the ones caught in these panics. It’s not front and center until they realize it’s happening. This time not in my area but the political situation caused many to buy first gun. Now with Biden given win the future looks grim.
    I’m not sure but I would say they will back door us by adding taxes on ammunition that will run off a lot of casual shooters. If it’s expensive and a hassle more people will just give up. No ammo a gun is a club.
    Well put, I inherited my first 22 revolver when I was 11, 58 years ago, and never looked back. Still have an unopened canister of EXTR7 pistol powder from the Sandy Hook stampede.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

A shortage or run on shooting related items was easy to predict before the 2020 election, but Covid and civil unrest made it start sooner and caused it to be deeper and more widespread. The Georgia Senate runoff on January 5 will tell you if this will be permanent.

I've slowed down on my centerfire shooting. Where I used to shoot 50 to 100 rounds of 9mm, 45, 7.62 x 39, etc., now I might only shoot 15 or 20 rounds.
    I have a good stock on those calibers (and .22 LR) but I am hesitant to shoot more if replacing them is an uncertainty.

But .22 LR I can shoot like the pre panic days, thanks to ......... Walmart.
    I go in a couple times a week, don't even have to get there right at 8:00 AM when they start selling ammo, and I have been able to pick up 400 to 500 rounds a week, usually Mini-Mags, going for the "normal" price of $7.97 per hundred pack.

They must be putting several thousand rounds a week out on the shelves, usually Mini-Mags or some other CCI product, but sometimes Super-X or Remington Subsonic.
    And some .22 Magnum as well, I've added to my Magnum stock with 140 rounds packs of Dynapoint, Winchester 40 grain HP and some CCI as well.

So, I guess the days of $10.00 bricks is over?
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Master

Oh no. I still have a brick with 10 50 round boxes each marked $.87 . So no ,the days of $10 bricks is still with us....... In memory.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master
    Silver lining of the dark cloud of high 22lr prices?? The last "shortage" there were a lot of nice 22 rifles and pistols going for good prices. I didn't snag any of them then, but this time who knows?

Boolit Buddy
    Local walmart had Winchester 555 boxes for 22.98.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast