Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Load Data Repackbox
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Unheard of prices on .22 lr.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    I reload 22LR’s ... $36.00 per 1000 ... $1.80 for a box of 50 using primed empty cases. Bullet molds & dies not in the calculation. About 4800 empty cases in inventory. The reloads are black powder and smokeless. Reload time is less than 20 minutes per box
    A couple weeks ago, shooting a JM Marlin Ballard with a vernier, totally obliterated the center at 50 yd with a few in the 10 ring shooting 2.1gr Bullseye at 1533 fps with a 46gr bullet. 4.5gr of Swiss Null-B are 1320 FPS
    Where does one get primed cases?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I keep watching prices going up and up and up, I've got a few extra boxes of 22's that I just don't like--those gooey sticky norma tac22's for one, not only are they gooey and nasty the won't even cycle a Remington 597, and ive got at least one brick of those super dirty CI's, maybe its almost time to cash in on my past purchase mistakes. I'm guessing right about Jan 20 the prices will jump again.

Last Obama panic I shot very few 22s. I had a lot just was saving them. I did shoot more 25-20 and 32-20 than normal in rifles. The 22handgun was replaced with 38sp cast loads. In fact not factoring for cases, I could shoot about everything up to 45Colt with cast as cheap as 22s. If A guy is a died in the wool shooter there is no excuse to be caught short on components. This has been brewing for years. Most guys I know are adding a bit extra all the time. They don’t buy stuff like it’s milk or bread. I’ve decided not to sell any components or ammo until this is over. I will sell bullets and brass that I have no further need for. 2 weeks ago I was at show in neighboring county. Plenty of any thing you could want. Of course the prices were crazy. I bought a Coke and left, it should have been advertised as a hunch back convention.

I guess I'm now a hoarder. (By definition a man who has more than a lifetime supply.) 75 years old, no more grandkids to use up all those bricks of Thunderbolt I bought during Bubba C's first term. Maybe time to list it in the Bargain Hunter. Sure as heck was a better investment than gold.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    no kidding its better than gold. I think it was just about a year ago and someone posted something about 22's on sale I think it was a case of 5000 armscor cphp 36 22's for $129. today on ammo seen a box of $500 of those armscor's are the same $129.. 10x on price in about a year. I'm just wondering what they will jump to on Jan 20

Boolit Master
    .22 update from a local online only farm auction yesterday ---

Win 222ct. box $75
    Win two 50 rd boxes $50 !!!!!
    Rem 525 rd Hp $121
    Win 525 rd $157
    Fed 1625 rds in a 30 cal ammo can $370 ( I bought these 2 yrs ago for $79 each, and got back a pretty good rebate )

Also the buyer had to pay a 5% buyers premium on top of those prices !

Now today I bought 2 boxes of Aguila 250rds for $15 each in a local farm store, so they are recieving a few shipments now and then. Also they had a fair amount of canning jars back on the shelf.

I used to buy a 50 Rd cardboard box for 30 cents to shoot turtles in the pond. Around 1969 or 1970
    NRA Life Member
    learn to make your own black powder collect bp arms as there presently not recorded
    smokless is a fad its fading fast, helped along by obama

Banned

I remember here after the last ordeal the gun shops had pallets sitting in the isle for prices so low I thought it was just a hook. It'll come back to them eventually.

See below...

Quote Originally Posted by rickiesrevenge View Post
    Where does one get primed cases?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Gun Broker, they sell for $150.00 for 2000 with the 'buy it now' function or in an auction that could end at $50.00 or $150.00....

Here is one starting at $.99 https://www.gunbroker.com/item/885774901

Last year, I got several auctions for under $10.00 plus the $20.00 shipping, about a penny and 1/2 each shipped. I have been using Silhouette and BP to load them but am seriously looking at the heeled mold from Old West Molds.
    Last edited by Dapaki; 12-01-2020 at 10:34 PM.

Boolit Master
    I decided for shooting fun I'd just start shooting my air guns again. Went to local Wal-Mart and they did not have a single box of .177 pellets and maybe 10 tins of .22. I ended up getting a few tins of .22 pellets, at least I have a .22 air rifle and pistol. Could not believe there had even been a run on pellets.

Boolit Master
    A local fella has a weekend indoor sale that's stuff from abandoned storage lockers. He doesn't look through everything. I pulled a drawer open on an over painted cabinet and found a box of mini-mags. I asked the guy and he wouldn't even give me a price. He's got 2 sons and needs to do some male bonding. I don't shoot mini-mags anyway.

Boolit Master

I saw 3 vendors at the York gun show last weekend with Federal 525 rd bulk packs. $65. Personally, I don't understand how 95% of people are in the predicament. We JUST HAD a shortage. Then, it became more or less available again. How do people not have the sense to stock up?

How many hundreds of thousands of ammo buyers didn't even own a .22 until a few months ago? Maybe didn't have any gun at all? Or maybe dug Dad's old Marlin/Winchester/Remington out of an attic and realized in June or July that they oughta see if it still worked after 30 years?

That doesn't excuse old hands like me who failed to keep track of their CCI Quiet inventory until too late. I can only plead that it didn't show because it was mixed in with a hundred or so full or partial boxes of twenty-'leven varieties of ammo left over from the Great Ammo Evaluation of 2014, but there can't be that many of us.
    Cognitive Dissident

If you've got bullets, there is the option of breech seating them and using Ramset charges. (How long before those go out-of-stock?)
    Cognitive Dissident

I’ve been to two large outdoor sales and one gun show this past 3 months. At anyone of them you could find all the ammo you wanted, components same. Only draw back was price. Low end ammo like 9mm FMJ $50/ 50 and bagged out of bulk. 100% mark up is nothing. I’ve seen primers close to 1000%. I’ve had several people I know call me and want 22lr, 9mm and 223. What they have is a personal problem.

Very few go to shows or auctions anymore in these COVID times, when and if there are any.
    Cognitive Dissident

Going to get worse before (if) it gets better.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanzy4200 View Post
    I saw 3 vendors at the York gun show last weekend with Federal 525 rd bulk packs. $65. Personally, I don't understand how 95% of people are in the predicament. We JUST HAD a shortage. Then, it became more or less available again. How do people not have the sense to stock up?
    About half of Americans voted for JOHO....not a lot of critical thinking in our country. What really puzzles me though....is the guys on this forum, who I would hope are above average, and whine about stuff like this. Really tough to feel any empathy for them. All the "good" deals where there for the taking before Covid hit us and money got tight.
    Don Verna

Money was tight for a lot of people for a long time before the covid stuff. Some people are only able to buy what they absolutely need for the immediate future.
    The way things are going, I feel sorry for them. They don't have much in the way of options.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast