Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
WidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Unheard of prices on .22 lr.

Boolit Buddy

Unheard of prices on .22 lr.

I was in Pigeon Forge Tennessee last week and stopped in at the Smokey Mountain Knife Works for a look around. The gun department looked like it had been picked over by vultures, and customers were standing in line to fill out 4473's. Long lines. Picked up some steel AR 30 rounders for 10.95 each...good price. Walked across the road to a gun shop and it was just about empty of merchandise. What caught my eye was about half a pallet of Remington Thunderbolt .22 LR. It was priced at $79.95 per 500 round brick.
    My thoughts are that after all the political hoopla dies down, people are going to remember.
    NRA Life 1992
    My avatar is almost a dead ringer for my little buddy Chico. Six pounds of mean that thought he was a Pit Bull. Miss that little guy.

Moderator Emeritus

I won't forget Cheaper than Dirt. Same bull

After what just happened are these prices really a surprise?
    I'm surprised it wasn't more.
    You may never see reasonably priced ammo or components ever again, if indeed you can even get them.
    Elections have consequences.
    Fraudulent elections even have more.

Boolit Master
    ^ yup ^

Boolit Master

Have read somewhere that the Demorats have a gun bill waiting which consists of a 5% tax on all guns, ammo,components and the guns you already own. Just waiting for Biden to take office. How will they know what guns you own? If you have done back-ground checks OR bought a hunting license they know you own guns.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by largom View Post
    Have read somewhere that the Demorats have a gun bill waiting which consists of a 5% tax on all guns, ammo,components and the guns you already own. Just waiting for Biden to take office. How will they know what guns you own? If you have done back-ground checks OR bought a hunting license they know you own guns.
    Take advantage of the non-existent "gun show loophole" and sell them all to unknown people prior to The Placeholder Vegetable and Madam Soon-To-Be President taking office.

Boolit Master
    I stocked up last time and am in good supply for .22lr I have at least five years worth. Stock up when this blows over .

Boolit Master

I got scalped about a month ago. No place in town or north and/or south of me has primers, especially small rifle. I stopped in a pawn shop here in town on the outside chance they might have SRP's. They had 7 boxes of CCI 400. 14.99 per box. I wanted to throw a conniption fit, but what good would that have done? I went home with the 7 boxes, but it was a bitter sweet purchase.
    If a 41 won't stop it, I wouldn't bet my life on a 44.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugster View Post
    What caught my eye was about half a pallet of Remington Thunderbolt .22 LR. It was priced at $79.95 per 500 round brick.
    That's about the same per rd as .38 special reloads.
    Cargo

Hate to admit it, but I paid a Gunbroker scalper that much (counting shipping) for a brick of CCI Quiet with the segmented bullet a couple of months ago. Difference being that Quiet is a specialty ammo for which there is no substitute, and CCI won't say when (if ever) they're going to produce any more, while Thunderbolt is the worst grade of bulk ammo known to man, and they're shoveling it out by the freightcar load.
    Cognitive Dissident

My wife asked me the other day. "Bill just how many .22lr rounds do you have in that box?"

Just shy of 7k, and this brick of Federal puts us over that 7k mark. That don't count what your dad gave us 10 years ago that we have been slowly shooting up.

"I guess that's enough huh?"

For now, price comes back down I may buy a few thousand more.

And that is not counting the 3k of .22mag.
    "I guess there is nothing for me to worry about then huh?"

No dear, not a thing.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    that's really a shame, that gun store across from smokey my knife works is Buds gun shop, and they have always had the lowest prices on new guns. I got a new Henry there a few years ago and they beat everyone else price by $130+. last time I was over that way was about April or may, thinking that the election is coming up and all the madness with Covid and I was asking them about getting a case of mini mags since I don't live too far thought it would be easy, no so, they told me I had to do it online.
    smokey mt knife just started selling guns and ammo a few years ago and their prices have always been a bit higher than other places except when they were clearing out all the primers and powder a couple years ago, I haven't gone in there since then.
    but that $79 price is a real deal compared to cheaper than dirt, they want $249 for a box of 500 22's it don't matter that's for either LR or 22 mag, that was 3 days ago.

Jeeezo Pete! That's major chutzpah even for CTD. But I just went there, and sure enough, everything they show in stock (which is darned little) is priced $25 for a box of 50.
    Cognitive Dissident

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    Jeeezo Pete! That's major chutzpah even for CTD. But I just went there, and sure enough, everything they show in stock (which is darned little) is priced $25 for a box of 50.
    I just purchased some Eley Tenex online for less than that!

Boolit Master
    How about this box I saw last weekend? Yep, $160

I'm thinking about going back to flint lock black powder.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by NyFirefighter357 View Post
    How about this box I saw last weekend? Yep, $160
    For the cost of a sharpie marker, you could bring that box to the youngest kid working the register and buy that for $16.

Boolit Grand Master
    Need to do an inventory. Might be time to cash some out.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Winchester 555 still 22 bucks at walmart.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugster View Post
    My thoughts are that after all the political hoopla dies down, people are going to remember.

Going to remember what? That they had the decency to raise the price instead of just give it all away to hoarders? Would you rather have high prices or bare shelves? I will never understand this reasoning.

I have plenty on the shelf but if I didn't, I'd much rather part with $80 than not have any to be found anywhere.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast